This is the Message Centre for Leo

Red, wrinkled, altogether ugly thing...

Post 1

Leo

But still my niece!

Second niece, fourth kinfaun from a brother and sister-in-law who've both shown considerable talent at designing children. smiley - boing I wonder if I'll ever see her in the flesh? Eh, who cares. Champagne all around.

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly
smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly
smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly
smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Post 2

Wilma Neanderthal

Wahey! Another chicklet to fawn over smiley - chick Many years of giggles and chuckles, li'l un... and of course you'get to fawn in person - one day, maybe?

Congratulations auntie Leo smiley - bubbly

Post 3

tartaronne

Congratulations. smiley - biggrin

Post 4

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Yes, Congratulations smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Congratulations Auntie Leosmiley - bubbly

None of mine were red or wrinkly! Only when they screamed. smiley - grrPhotos of sleeping children are *much* bettersmiley - biggrin

Post 6

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

(i think our pres Lincoln referred to one of his siblings as looking like squeezed cherry pulp when new)

Post 7

Hypatia

That's lovely news, Leo. I hope you get the chance to visit them all. smiley - hug

Post 8

Leo

Thanks, thanks. smiley - biggrin And much joy to the rest of the world too.

You're quite lucky, GB. But I've found the ugliness is usually gone in a few months, and then I can honestly go around with a photograph bragging about how cute she is. smiley - biggrin Assuming she is, of course. And she will be, if my mother can resists sending a truckload of pink dresses. smiley - rolleyes My current theory is that the reason girl-babies aren't as cute is because they have dorkier wardrobes than boy babies.

Note to self: another reason to get rich is to afford plane tickets.

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Post 9

Leo

...and the nicest part of being an aunt is that you hand 'em back when they start screaming. Or smelling. Or whining. Almost as good as being a grandparent. smiley - winkeye

Post 10

tartaronne

I'm glad you said almost. smiley - biggrin

I had my five year old grandson with me at w*rk on Monday. I was assigned to make a feature about Den Gamle By (The Old Town) in Ã…rhus.

http://www.dengamleby.dk/english.htm

(Look at the video - Taste, smell and try the history)

Very enjoyable with a curious and quizzical (sp?) infant. So now I can record the experience from two levels. Which was the point to have him over from Copenhagen, of course smiley - angel.

During the three days we also squezed in a lot of playing and three hours of collecting money for Red Cross.

Post 11

ChiKiSpirit

Very nice website, thanks for that smiley - ok
I like the costumes smiley - winkeye

Post 12

Leo

It looks beautiful. I'm saving the video for when I get home and have sound.
Five year old boys are wonderful. When I did the daycamp counselor thing, that was my age group. Enjoy him before he gets too old for anything sissy. smiley - laugh

I can see where having a five year old along can make you notice things you'd never notice otherwise. Grown ups get so used to certain anomolies - or things that ought to be.

Post 13

ChiKiSpirit

Sissy? I think you may have the wrong person smiley - biggrin

Post 14

saxman-mr...???

aaww leo congradulations

Post 15

Skankyrich [?]

Hang on, how did I miss all this booze?

Congratulations to you and yours, Leo. There's nothing like having a new stinky-poo factory in the family to cheer everyone up!

Post 16

Leo

smiley - cross You can leave now, Skankyrich. None of my kinfaun are "stinky poo factories".

At least not on my watch they'd better not be. smiley - yikes

Post 17

ChiKiSpirit

I am extremely pleased to hear you have a niece.
(I seem to have stumbled into your journal by mistake, one of those most common occurences that always seem to happen on h2g2)

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

What nappies will the happy parents be using?

Post 18

Leo

smiley - laugh I suppose whatever they sell locally. Not my department!

You're welcome to drop in, Pond Wanderer. My journal is roomy, if a bit dusty. I hope it doesn't make you sneeze.

Post 19

ChiKiSpirit

Well I'm not sneezing at the moment.

I may sound 'old fashioned' now but Terry nappies are a great gift to give for a new baby. Do you know how bad disposable nappies are for the environment?

Post 20

Leo

I know they're good for protecting shoulders from infants with poor stomach control. But beyond that - nope. I don't anticipate a mass movement back to anything that requires washing poop.

On a more entertaining note, I understand there's a movement afoot to toilet train babies from birth.

http://babyparenting.about.com/cs/pottytraining/f/infantpt.htm

Sounds like a full-time job for a full-time mom, but an intriguing possibility nonetheless.

Key: Complain about this post