This is the Message Centre for Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

What a difference a day makes.....

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Monday,12th Febuary,2007

Lilting orchestral music in the background.

Gazing out the window at the now-returned-to normal-earth-outside

Glad-to-be-alive feeling inside

Hums to herself those lovely words of the song
smiley - musicalnote a smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote a smiley - musicalnote makes!!

Not only that; she feels well. She is thrilled that yesterday she had the courage to tidy up the boxes, and miscellaneous bags and odd cartons of wine which she (probably!!) had shoved under the space in the kneehole desk.

She has such an important meeting today. she must be strong and determined to remain non- aggressive and also refrain from bursting into the tears of frustration which so often happen.

She is after all fighting for the continued existence of someone she loves and treasures and who is.sadly, unable to fight for themselves.

"Ah well!."

She shrugs, and wonders how the Zantesdechia (Arum Lily) has survived in spite of being buried in deep snow last week.
She muses. How did that happen?

Her eyes catch the primula vulgaris which were shining orbs of yeallow last week ,and who had also been buried beneath inches of snow.

There they are. Bright; as rays of sunshine.

"Now how did they survive that fall of snow?" she wonders

And then suddenly. Like a ray of piercing light, she knows that. in the end, that it is basically justice and peace that must rule her life; and that if she is true to her principles, the meeting this afternoon should go swimmingly and to the benefit and cntinued happines of those who are most dear to her.

She gazes out the window again and murmurs a little prayer off thanksgiving for being alive, and, not only well, but still able to enjoy the wonder of Nature. .

Post 2

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

sending some thoughts of smiley - love and smiley - zen over the northsea,

Post 3

tartaronne

Me, too, dear Also ran 1.

Spring flowers are the best. They really give hope. My favorite is Eranthis. Sorry most hits were in Danish - there are some French sites as well.

http://www.havenyt.dk/artikler/prydhaven/blomster/loeg_og_knolde/475.html

Post 4

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Hey AR1, spring flowers do gladden the heart don't they?

Our snowdrops stood up to the weather magnificently, and the little miniature irises, which I thought were gonners, have perked up again now it has all thawed.

Hope your meeting goes well smiley - hug

smiley - puffk

Post 5

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - hug
Also Ran1, words fail us sometimes and the distance prevents us from actually providing the physical contact that could mean so much in a situation such as this. Despite the seeming hindrances, be of good cheer because we love you. Carry your good thoughts, your personal faith in a higher power, your best memories of freinds, family, and your on-line friends with you as you go.
smiley - cuddle
B4webreaktheboundariesofcyberspace2trulybethere4oneanother
smiley - magic

Post 6

websailor

What a beautiful piece of writing A1,

I am so pleased your spirits have lifted after all the trials and tribulations of the last few months.

smiley - goodluck with your meeting. I am sure you will be fine as it is so important. Have the same confidence in yourself, that we have in you. You are an inspiration.

Take care, stay smiley - smiley and things will get better,

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Post 7

Hypatia

Best of luck with your meeting today. smiley - goodluck

Spring flowers already! Lucky you. My bulb beds are still covered in ice.

Post 8

Batty_ACE

Huge hugs to you, AR1. smiley - hug

Post 9

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Tuesday 13th Febuary, 2007

Thank you all for your lovely replies.I am looking forward to meeting you all properly!!.

In great haste, before a friend S., K/. and I go to London to see the dentist, celebrate my eldest son's 58th birthday at a Chinese lunch in Soho with my second grandson, and then hopefully find a nice theatre to complete the perfect day.

Yesterday two starlings came again!!.

My podiatrist told me that the injury to my large toe - (due to diabetes I never know that I have injured anything with regard my feet!! I think that I run over my feet with the small front wheels of my wheelchair!!) and the meeting all went swimmingly.

Hoorah.

the Power of Postive Thinking - Norman vincent Peale.

Must smiley - run

Christiane AR1 smiley - seniorsmiley - schooloffish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more