A Conversation for The Feline Mercenary Army (FMA)

Join Here!!

Post 181

Sea Change

My cats' names are Tonopah Ganesha Kali, and Tonopah Oghma Mountbatten.

smiley - popcorn

My cat's like to use my fishtank as kitty TV, they are especially interested in the catfish. So, how about cat-fish? or, perhaps some celebrity divafish?

Join Here!!

Post 182

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

If there's a cat-fish in the Fish by Amy thr Ant page, I'll put it up. Wanna go see if there is? There's a like to it on the main page next to the fish tank.

Cat

Join Here!!

Post 183

~*}Black Angel{*~

*appears in a puff of smoke*

just dropping thru on behalf of jack an his cat max

he's come down with tonsilites and is just sleeping and being ill upstairs.

his cat is really panicked and looking after him!
soo sweet!

ok, gotta go

*puff of smoke*

Join Here!!

Post 184

Melinda the Basketcase

Name: Melinda the Basketcase [Researcher: 170746]

I want to join the FMA. I am Deidzoeb's wife. Anyways, I am not on here alot so I don't know all about H2g2. Deidzoeb encouraged me to join.

Join Here!!

Post 185

Welcome to the Scoiety, Melinda!!

That's ok that's you're not on very much, no one's ever on when I am smiley - biggrin and it takes a while to get used to h2g2 anyways smiley - cheerup

Here is your smiley - fish, or smiley - mouse if you'd prefer.

Whenever you are on, be sure to check out the "Ideas for More Cool Stuff" thread and the "Keep Cat Happy By Posting a Lot" smiley - biggrin

smiley - evilgrin I love this smiley... smiley - evilgrin

Right, off to go update the page again.. Shall have to remember which one's Deidzoeb so I can get your cats' names...

Cat

Join Here!!

Post 186

Melinda the Basketcase

Our cats are Lucky and Lozie. Thanks for welcoming me into the group. I am sure it will be cool.

Melinda =^..^=

Join Here!!

Post 187

nada

Oh cute!

Join Here!!

Post 188

You're up, Melinda. I've got you up as the Mother and Deidzoeb as the father of Lucky and Lozie. smiley - biggrin

Cat

Join Here!!

Post 189

logicus tracticus philosophicus

compliment returned have good christmas
http://public.fotki.com/harrysheardthis/cats/
..... ^---^....
== (*@*)==
might be good ideah to provide link to"Ideas for More Cool Stuff" thread and the "Keep Cat Happy By Posting a Lot"

Join Here!!

Post 190

Sea Change

Ah, well, my suggestion wasn't practical then. It's still a good one.

Join Here!!

Post 191

Logicus, you do know what you're asking for is effort? smiley - tongueout Besides which, the threads are at the bottom og the page, If anyone can't get there or doesn't know how then they can ask and i'll be my charming slef and tell them where to go smiley - biggrin Then, I might be bothered with a link... maybe smiley - tongueout

smiley - tongueout

Join Here!!

Post 192

Spacecadet Jack (Supreme Commander in Cheif) [Major]

*gets bored of being ill and moevs his camp-bed downstairs, then chucks charlie off the computer*

Hello

Does anyone know if i can registar my cat as a nurse? i think he's qualified.

Join Here!!

Post 193

I'm fairly sure you couldn't, but if you could, then you'd have to pay him. This way you get his skills AND it's cheap smiley - biggrin

Join Here!!

Post 194

Ah, i suppose.

Isn't funny how cats can tell if your ill or leaving or something?

Join Here!!

Post 195

~*}Black Angel{*~

indeed

you'res cried until we took it with us!

my dog too

(shhhhhhh, i have no dog.................damn)

Join Here!!

Post 196

sssssssssssssssh

dont mention dogs!

imbasule!

had to take max to the vets recently

he was limping for a week so we had his paw x-rayed (after bundling him into a carry cage with difficulty and stopping him from attacking the vet) and guess what, when we got there he stopped limping

he only did it for attention i bet
its because we kept fussing over him, hes too crafty by half

Join Here!!

Post 197

Deidzoeb

Last night we had some drama with one of the cats. I had heard Lozie (the younger, more mischievious one) meowing once or twice in the kitchen during the evening. She's not usually very talkative unless she's in heat, so I wondered if she had spotted something strange (a mouse or insect?) or if something was wrong. I thought maybe she was letting me know that Lucky had been shut in the basement, and was waiting at the door in the kitchen.

Lozie was standing next to her full bowl of food, so I knew that wasn't her reason for calling. I opened the basement door and looked for Lucky, but no cat. So I thought nothing of it and went on watching tv.

Later when my wife Melinda woke up (she sleeps whenever she wants, like a cat), I told her to look around for Lucky because I hadn't seen her in a few hours. Melinda checked the usual napping spots upstairs, and on the ground floor, and opened the basement door just in case she was still down there. Suddenly she called me to the kitchen. She could hear meowing, but the younger cat was standing beside her silent. Where was it coming from?

Melinda worried that Lucky had gotten into the walls somehow, because we had been working on plumbing a few weeks before and had torn out the kitchen ceiling. At the time, we had worried about the cats jumping on top of the stove, then on top of the refrigerator, then jumping into the rafters, where they could apparently wander in the little space between the ceiling and the upper floor.

But we had closed that off two weeks before with sheetrock, and I had been lazily mudding and sanding the walls every few days in preparation to eventually paint. There was no room for the cats to squeeze into the walls or the ceiling now.

It sounded to me like the cat was somehow in the heating duct under the kitchen floor. I ran down to the basement and started looking above all the sheetmetal heating pipes. Sometimes in the past, they've managed to jump up there, wander around, and then get too scared to jump down to the ground. I searched and searched, then heard Lucky meowing from up above again. Melinda was on the verge of tears. We ran back up to the kitchen, and it sounded like Lucky was meowing from inside the oven.

I pulled open the little drawer we never use beneath the oven, and inside the drawer was Lucky. She hopped out and ran to the food dish. I hadn't opened the drawer all day. The oven is not attached to the wall or any cabinets, so we have it on rollers to move it easier. My best guess is that she had climbed into the opened back of that drawer when I had dropped a spoon behind the oven and had to move oven away from the wall to get it out. Maybe I pushed it back closer to the wall, so she just stayed there. Maybe it was a warm spot when I was roasting a bunch of onions?

Sorry if that story didn't seem very dramatic, but when you can hear the cat meowing in distress and have no idea where it could be hiding, it can seem dramatic to you.

Join Here!!

Post 198

Deidzoeb

In case it wasn't clear from all that, she was only stuck for about two or three hours at most. I moved the oven closer to the wall about two or three hours earlier in the night, and that's when her exit probably would have been blocked.

Join Here!!

Post 199

pussycat1973 (Unofficial h2g2 Ranger)

Hi, let me in right or I'll break the door down to get to my fish!!

My name is pussycat1973 and my U number is 557304 .

Join Here!!

Post 200

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

Deidzoeb

Seems dramatic enough to me smiley - smiley. I'd have been panicking uselessly (my usual reaction to a crisis smiley - winkeye).

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more