A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 1

The Doctor

Hello My Fellows!
It seems to me that many of the people here are writing humour in one way or another, so why not let's get together and talk shop! I myself am on the launchpad of a novel so I would love to have some like minded folk to discuss and comapre with. I have been published in the short form - psych horror/ghost tales in the main - so I would be happy to offer whatever criticism I can to others. Let me know. You can mail me here or at [email protected]
Thanks

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 2

Dr Neil

smiley - doctorNeil here. I'm a comedy writer (of sorts), and would love to talk shop with you and others. Congrats on starting the novel, I've tried many times and always ended up with great shorts but never a full blown article. My company website (www.independenceproductions.com) includes some of my short-form writing (there's only 6 example right now, but more are coming this weekend!) that are for sale. Most of what I write is for radio, however, I also do poetry and the aforementioned shorts. I've even managed to win 2 New York Gold Awards (radio's Oscars) for writing some Russian comedies (in Russian!)

A lot of the work I do in radio is comedy based, with people like Mel & Sue, Arthur Smith, Stephen Moore, etc... It's simply the most varied and wonderful form of writing around to my mind.

Well, let's get the proverbial ball rolling and chat comedy. Could be a laugh!

Bests

Dr Neil

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 3

The Doctor

Hi There
Excellent! And someone a little more professional than I was hoping for, which means some criticism that will really count! If you can supply me with an e-mail address then I can send you a sample chapter - a very rough early draft, as it is! Please check out my article here, Chinese Whispers, and let me know if I have the slightest chance of being funny!
All The Best
Russell - The Doctor
[email protected]

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 4

Dr Neil

Hi Doctor

Sorry about the dealy in replying. I've also replied to your kind email over at my homepage. A sample chapter would be great. Email away to [email protected]

I'll go check out your Chinese Whispers piece "write" away. Bad bad pun.

smiley - doctorNeil

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 5

Old Jimmy

Mind if I join in the talk?
I'm a soon-to-be-famous guy with a few short storys on the web.
Most of them I just update once and leave, but hay.
I'm actualy 11 years-old, and I come from a small english city.
If you find that unbelievible then that shows something about adults. Their right most the time.
Most kids my age go to school, but I'm home educated. This means that I don't loose my sense of humour in school. Croud presure, you see, croud presure to be mindless fools who think that anything is funny aslong as you swear whilst saying it.

Old Jimmy.

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 6

HBH

Jimmy

swearing is funny, and big, and clever too. As is spelling correctly. Good luck with it all, though.

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 7

Mick, Lancashire, UK

I'm currently (supposed to be) writing for a Radio 4 sketch show which is recording its first series in June this year. It's damned hard work though! Too many distractions. (e.g. H2G2, Worms Armageddon)

I also keep toying with the idea of novel writing but I'm too much of the Peter Cook school - talented but terminally lazy.

ps. what are the web addresses for the previously mentioned short stories? I'd quite like a read of them. (Obviously when I get round to it. You know how it is, things to do, thumbs to be twiddled......)

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 8

The Doctor

interested in writing for radioo or tv/film - mail me - lets talk...
[email protected] aka The Doctor

Anyone Writing Humour?

Post 9

xyroth

why don't all of you humerous people pop over to the following thread, http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F48874?thread=104906 where there is someone trying to write a guide to writting comedy. as it is in peer review, you may be able to help him get it in the edited guide.

Key: Complain about this post