A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Transgender children

Post 1

moonchild9

How would you react if your child told you they were Transgender?
This is something I've been asking on a lot of sites because a friend of mines teenager recently came out as Transgender, my friend is a bit smiley - erm and I'm rather curious to see how other parents would react to such an announcement.

Transgender children

Post 2

Vip

I'm not a parent (well, I will be in a couple of months' time but I'm certainly not there yet!).

The concept of them being transgender [I would like to hope] wouldn't bother me. However, it's going to be a difficult time for everyone as they go through transition (if they choose to do so) because it's a lot of readjustment. smiley - 2cents Society isn't exactly friendly to people going through transition so there's going to be a lot of emotional support needed.

smiley - fairy

Transgender children

Post 3

Beatrice

I'd give them a hug, tell them I'd love them no matter what, and promise to be there for them through the tough road that lay ahead.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more