A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Three minute wait....

Post 1

Kiteman

After some time away, I see the main messageboards still enforce the ludicrous three minute delay between postings.

Obviously, the people who put that in place, and keep it in place, have never visited *proper* messageboards, and don't realise how silly it makes the BBC look, as if they don't trust the people who pay their wages.

(After all, the three minutes can't really be to enforce a cooling-off or thinking period. If that was the case, the Brand/Ross fiasco would never have been allowed...)

Anyhoo, who do we have to force to look at other boards to get them to realise how stupid they are making themselves look?

Three minute wait....

Post 2

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I dont know what you mean... I've never noiced a delay with my postings. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you?

Three minute wait....

Post 3

Or were you thinking other than the H2 message boards?

Three minute wait....

Post 4

Kiteman

Yar - the boards linked to from http://www.bbc.co.uk/messageboards.

There isn't an appropriate board to ask about the boards, so questions like this get removed as "off topic"...

Three minute wait....

Post 5

Kiteman

Oh, wait - Radio 4 have a board called "Questions, Questions". That seems pretty random...

Three minute wait....

Post 6

It's all about asking questions that you'd like to have answered, it's related to the show of the same name, so they pick questions asked on the boards and get expert in to answer them...

Three minute wait....

Post 7

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"From since the messageboards joined the dna, some members have tried to use those boards as chat forums. The three minute wait is (just) acceptable for most users. It is however the only thing to keep people from trying to overflow conversations with 'mindless' chat.

There is a three minute wait between postings on the message boards, the only time I notice is when I want to correct a typo in a second posting. smiley - zen"

Key: Complain about this post