A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

International Towel day

Post 1

Mac (Keeper of indecision)

I was told that international towel day (The day that you carry a towel around with you all day) was moved to coincide with the date of Douglas Adam's anniversity.
True?
Anyone?

International Towel day

Post 2

Dragonlover- collecting the Discworld in hardback, and 40K background guru

It was, but I can't remember the date. I did wear a towel as a turban to college though, resulting in many odd looks.

Dragonlover

International Towel day

Post 3

Can someone please tell me the date? Thanks muchly.

Dragonlover

International Towel day

Post 4

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

There were two possible dates - the 42nd day of the year (11 February) or the date of DNA's death - 11 May. smiley - towel

International Towel day

Post 5

In that case it was 11 May cos it was actually sunny! Thanks for the info.

Dragonlover

International Towel day

Post 6

If the universe is infinite, then im "a" center, 21+4^1+8+9=42

ive never actually heard of international towel day, or anyone in australia for that matter, to best of my knoledge but i would love to be a part of it, so tell me wat to do, and i can go to school and get asked a lot of questions, so yeah, just tell me everything there is to know

International Towel day

Post 7

You just visibly display a towel on your person. It's to commemorate (sp?) the life of DNA.

Dragonlover

International Towel day

Post 8

"You just visibly display a towel on your person" who is your person, is that a typo? do u just mean i must wear a towel?

International Towel day

Post 9

about the date, i had a little search on google, so far i have found 4 sites which say its the 25th of may, one which says its the first thursday after the 11th of may, and of course the date near the top of this forum which says its the 11th of may, help me out please

International Towel day

Post 10

R. Daneel Olivaw -- (User 201118) (Member FFFF, ARS, and DOS) ( -O- )

Your person means yourself. I don't know where that origionated, but its not a typo.

International Towel day

Post 11

Jibbly

just curious, i'm new to the place and was wondering how to use the smiley face deals? any suggestions?

International Towel day

Post 12

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

You can do a smiley - smiley by typing : - ) (except without the spaces).
; - ) gives you smiley - winkeye
: - D gives smiley - biggrin
: - P gives smiley - tongueout

and so on... There's a full list of all the available smileys at <./>Smileys</.> - you can also go to that page by clicking on any smiley in a conversation thread. smiley - ok

International Towel day

Post 13

Vip

I think it's the 11th May, the anniversary of DNA's death. But then, I would say that, it's one of the only dates in the calendar I can remember. smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post