This is the Message Centre for Mrs Zen

This thread has been closed

17,989 - printed and posted

Post 1

Mrs Zen

At about 11:30 last night I hit CtrlP.

Yay! Or so you would think.

By 2:00 am my hands were covered in ink from cheap inkjet cartridges, my printer wouldn't print black, and I had managed to coax one reasonable copy out of it before it gave up entirely.

This morning I printed my regulation two copies at work and took them and the one from last night over the road to the copyshop who bound it for me.

Then I tried uploading the electronic version into Turnitin. Note the use of the word "tried". The Course Admin Person (who is a star and is the only person who's stayed in post for the whole of the course) told me to email it to her collueague who would TurnItIn for me.

Tomorow I wshall check the post office website to make sure it has in fact arrived (the last one took 48 hours not 24 despite extra postage) and I will phone Julie's colleague to make sure she has indeed turned it in.

If needs be, I'll fly down with it over the weekend and put it through the bloody letterbox myself.

But, in theory at least, 'tis done.

Ben

Post 2

Z

smiley - wow

Post 3

You can call me TC

smiley - bubbly

Post 4

Z

We could do a road trip to Bristol to celebrate you finishing the bloody thing.

Post 5

Mrs Zen

That could be fun, Z. Let's see if it arrives tomorrow.

My brain, oy vey my brain....

Post 6

Z

smiley - hug

I have a vague feeling I've committed to do *something* this weekend, but I can't remember what.

Post 7

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - bubbly

Amazing that you got it all done in addition to saving a website.

Post 8

Z

Did you post my letter as well?

I left it propped up against the kettle, I know you wouldn't go out with out a cup of tea..?

Post 9

Santragenius V

smiley - bubbly Sit back and have - quite - some of it. It's well earned.

Post 10

Mrs Zen

smiley - bleep

I told you to put it by my PC. I was so late this morning I didn't even go into the kitchen, other than to pick up my handbag.

smiley - sorrysmiley - grovelsmiley - sorrysmiley - grovel

Post 11

Baron Grim

Congrats, I see it's all done but the grovelling. smiley - laugh

Post 12

Z

It's ok I'll go and post it, then work from home this afternoon.

Post 13

Mrs Zen

Thanks pet. I really am sorry. I totally forgot, and I was out of the house in about 20 minutes flat this morning.

B

Post 14

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Was this the thesis for your Master's Degree? If so, congrats are in order. We don't have a smiley for a new grad waving a diploma in the air, so this will have to do for now: smiley - towel

Post 15

Mrs Zen

That's the one, Paul. The most protracted Masters in the history of education. smiley - laugh

I won't get the mark till May next year though!

Post 16

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I had a protracted master's degree back in the late 1970s. I finished the thesis on the last possible day, and drove into Boston University to deliver it by hand.

Post 17

Mrs Zen

I couldn't cope with the stress of that! Bristol is about 400 miles from Edinburgh (on difficult UK roads), so I don't want to deliver by hand. Also my last day is Monday 31st, which means I have to get it into whatever mail system by Friday at the latest. Since I don't trust "guaranteed" services an inch, I decided Wednesday was the least stressfull posting date - enough time for logistical hiccups and the most time available for writing it.

My brain is made of blancmange.

Post 18

Vip

smiley - hug You did it! smiley - wow

smiley - fairy

Post 19

Mrs Zen

A huge sigh of relief, TC, though a huger one when I know it's arrived and been uploaded to the plagiarism system.

Bel, it's been a heavy-duty yeaer. I very nearly didn't do the dissertation at all. Big Discussions with Z about whether I could or should.

Santra, we're having lunch at the weekend at a place that is Far Too Expensive for an evening meal. smiley - drool

Thanks Baron Grim, as I said further down the thread, I don't get the mark until May because the extensions took me over the winter Exam Board deadline.

Yes Vip I did. smiley - somersault And now...... let me take on h2g2...... smiley - monster

Post 20

Witty Moniker

Congratulations on getting it done, Ben. However, 7 months is a long time to wait for the grade!

Key: Complain about this post