This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 61

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

disgusting

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 62

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

"My Sentences will invariably contain significant, yet simultaneously pleasing or displeasing forms of conventional yet surprising and topical drawn-out examples of useless but also quite beautiful, ruminating, lubricating or simply disgusting..."

verbal

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 63

Garius Lupus

introspectively

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 64

Hand of Bod, ACE

bzzz! i move that the last posting renders the sentence nonsensical. answers on a postcard please.

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 65

I'll second that. Sorry, GL smiley - winkeye

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 66

Garius Lupus

Well, here goes:

"My Sentences will invariably contain significant, yet
simultaneously pleasing or displeasing forms of conventional yet
surprising and topical drawn-out examples of useless but also
quite beautiful, ruminating, lubricating or simply disgusting verbal, introspectively derived constructions.

There, how's that?

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 67

M@x

Dunno about everyone else, but that sounds legal to me......

M@x says smiley - smiley

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 68

aPerson, An Angelastic (and alliterative) Acronymaniac

Seems okay to me too... now I think Hand of Bod has to start a new sentence.

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 69

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Yup - he should have starrted it when he challenged...

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 70

RangaKoo

Well, how about he takes this chance to start it in a new forum?

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 71

Sounds good to me! - How about it, HoB?

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 72

Garius Lupus

So the challenger starts a new one, win or lose?

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 73

Yup - because once a challenge has been made, the sentence is either unfinishable, or the person being challenged must finish it. Either way, you need a new start. Looks like HoB has gone AWOL... If he hasn't appeared by Saturday midday GMT, the first person on after that can start a new sentence.

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 74

RangaKoo

ahhh, for cryin' out loud!!!

Right, new thread at
http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=15752&thread=39273

Cheddar Gorge X

Post 75

Doh! Wrong link!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more