A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

U S Presidents

Post 1

shagbark

The United states has had over forty presidents but very few have an article in h2g2.

U S Presidents

Post 2

Icy North

Link: C55246

U S Presidents

Post 3

U168592

That looks pretty comprehensive to me smiley - ok

U S Presidents

Post 4

shagbark

I count ten presidents on that index. Is that the best h2g2 can do.
This is a challenge to h2g2 to do better.

U S Presidents

Post 5

Icy North

Before you start on one, I'd check that Jordan isn't already writing it. smiley - smiley

U S Presidents

Post 6

shagbark

How do I find Jordon. I tried Advanced search but all it wants to show me is A entries not U entries.

U S Presidents

Post 7

Pimms

U201497smiley - winkeye

U S Presidents

Post 8

J

I'm not currently in the process of writing any new entries on US Presidents. Any half-written entries that might be lying around are fair game for anyone. Unfortunately, I've already written about many of the most interesting Presidents, leaving mostly boring ones smiley - winkeye

U S Presidents

Post 9

Skankyrich [?]

Well, I'd rather read an interesting Entry about a boring President than... smiley - run

U S Presidents

Post 10

Demon Drawer

I suppose I need to update this now A781887 to include Barack and take out the Hillary reference really.

U S Presidents

Post 11

Icy North

You could correct the spelling in the footnote, too. smiley - biggrinsmiley - yikessmiley - run

U S Presidents

Post 12

Leo

No Teddy Roosevelt in there! smiley - yikes How'd we miss that lovable executive? I mean, the guy who owned some animal that bit the britches off an ambassador, or who used to make diplomats play strenuous Indian sports with him, or who was described as "about six years old" to an English gov't visitor...?
smiley - huh
(Yes, my facts are vague, but they're based in reality, somewhere...smiley - erm)

U S Presidents

Post 13

J

I would agree that Teddy Roosevelt was one of the most interesting people ever to hold the office. Possibly the most interesting. If anyone wants to write an entry about him, I'd be happy to offer my assistance before and during the PR stage.

U S Presidents

Post 14

Leo

smiley - offtopic Jordan - I don't get your status. Nobody ever died for *lack* of apple pie, or from *excess* apple pie, or for *the cause* of apple pie? (A cause I strongly advance, I should note.)

U S Presidents

Post 15

J

It is referring to apple pie as a cause which might convince one to sacrifice his life. It's a quote from "The Killer Angels", the Civil War novel. But you should feel free to imagine someone drowning in apple pie.

Key: Complain about this post