A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

We could use an entry that tells what the themes will be for upcoming months in the Create challenge.

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I can't find any place for the Create Challenge project.

I would like to write stories on the theme for March, but February is as far as I can find.


We could use an entry that tells what the themes will be for upcoming months in the Create challenge.

Post 2

h2g2 Guide Editors

The themes aren't planned that far ahead, but the March theme will be announced in a couple of weeks' time smiley - ok

The challenge for the Create Challenge is to find topics that lend themselves to fact, fiction, art, etc.

If you have any particular story ideas in mind that would fit the bill, we will gladly pass them on to the Create Team smiley - biggrin


We could use an entry that tells what the themes will be for upcoming months in the Create challenge.

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Thanks for getting back to me.

I want to help H2G2 and also help the Post. Dmitri asks for more material, and I want to supply him with it. The thing is, it can take me a while to write a story using the Create theme, and then I offer to him, and it shows up in the Post two or three weeks later.

If my Create-themed story doesn't run in the Post, I don't know if it would show up in the Create archive.

January was Hope, and February was Memories. May I suggest Friendship for March, unless that ahs been used too recently? I can write a story about my best friend from college, whom I continued to visit until his death a few years ago. I will never forget getting a phone call from him apologizing for not being more forthcoming when he was dying of liver cancer. I cry just thinking about how he put other people's feelings first.


We could use an entry that tells what the themes will be for upcoming months in the Create challenge.

Post 4

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - cuddle

I know this feeling. I found out on Sunday that a friend's father had died last month, and the friend never told anybody. There was only him at the funeral. Unimaginable that he had no support but that's what he decided.


We could use an entry that tells what the themes will be for upcoming months in the Create challenge.

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

This happened when the father of one of my neighbors died of Covid-19 around Christmas time. The deceased was about 87 (his wife seems to have recovered), and had been a member of the Executive Board of our trailer park. Funeral arrangements were for family only.

Likewise for another neighbor, who passed away about the same time, probably for overexertion at shoveling snow, though who really knows? A pack rat, he had accumulated tons of stuff. His son filled several dumpsters.

Given the virus that's going around, it would be understandable if family members did not want to be exposed to (or expose) people outside the family.

Alas, you may live so long that you outlive your friends.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more