A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

**Editors' T-shirt Challenge: Britney Spears**

Post 1

The H2G2 Editors

Does anyone accept the Editors' T-shirt Challenge to write an Entry on singer Britney Spears?

Post 2

Leo

*Resists ing half a dozen jokes at Britney's expense*

I wouldn't mind looking into the dear gal's lifestory, but I'm afraid it'll end up more like an article out of the tabloids, won't it?

Post 3

Leo

I am going to take this challenge.

It is my humble opinion that celebrity watching today is just a more modern version of the circus freak show - instead of the two-headed lady we have the bald , and instead of the bearded woman we have the brainless one, and instead of the wild man we have the scientologist...

However, despite much waiting, there has been no t-shirt challenge for someone interesting, like Richard Feynman or Ben Johnson, so I'm going to take Britney because at least it's easy. Plus, she's barely older than me, so I'll come out of it all with a very positive view on my own boring, provincial life. smiley - biggrin

smiley - rolleyes But remember - it's ONLY for the t-shirt.

Post 4

J

I will send you the T-Shirt I got two years ago if you do not write this entry smiley - winkeye

You wear an extra-large?

smiley - blacksheep

Post 5

The H2G2 Editors

smiley - laugh

Post 6

Leo

smiley - biggrin Um... not really. In fact, I wear a small. smiley - laugh But the entry is taking shape over here:
A27533450
I suspect you won't find it terribly objectionable. And I'm only warming up. smiley - ok

Post 7

The H2G2 Editors

smiley - biggrin

It's looking good, Leo! smiley - ok

Post 8

Wilma Neanderthal

D'you know? This thread has been popping up and down on my convo list like the proverbial yo-yo. I finally bit today, expecting to yawn smiley - yawn and roll my eyes smiley - rolleyes

Oh my glorified goodness smiley - yikes I found it was Leo (*my* Leo! <cross) who had taken the bait on this one - in absolute shock and horror, I raced smiley - run to the entry to read it, prepared for the absolute worst smiley - wah

I am verrr verrr pleasantly surprised. I should not have been, being that it is Leo, and all, so I shall go self-flagellate for the sin of doubting the young'un.

Brava Leo, you have yet to disappoint.

Well bl**dy done! smiley - applause

So there smiley - biggrin

Post 9

Leo

smiley - cross Harder, Wilma, harder. How dare you.

smiley - tongueout OK, the flattery worked. What do you want?

Post 10

Leo

This is going to be a slow one. Extensive exposure to celebrity dirt makes me queasy, and I blush every time someone passes my monitor. smiley - laugh

Post 11

vmuppana

I do not know if this info would be helpful to many in h2g2 community. But, being the researchers we are, I guess we need to cover all the phases of Britney's "growth" and/or lack of it, including the ones in the cup sizes. From year 2000 to year 2004 (and maybe later, I just stopped noticing it in 2004), she has been seen in varying bust sizes. You might want to put that in there along with the tummy info. A little further research is needed to know the exact timeline, and the ups and downs in her tops. smiley - winkeye

Post 12

Leo

smiley - huh Ups and *downs*?

Post 13

vmuppana

I mean the cup size kept changing, increasing one day, decreasing the next. smiley - cool

Post 14

Leo

But there are no hard numbers for that, are there?

Post 15

Elentari

Plus it's a bit stalkerish and creepy. smiley - erm

Post 16

vmuppana

I agree its a bit creepy. Now. But, when I was a little younger, I watched nothing else but her body when the videos come on TV. There was nothing much in her music, at least to me. Not such a great face, again, its just my opinion. All I was interested was in her body movements.

In retrospect, I don't understand why I was so fascinated at that time. Now, when I see those old vids again, I don't find them interesting. I don't even remember lines to any of her songs except "Hit me baby, one more time" and may be another one or two.

And regarding hard numbers, I don't think I have any. But, see http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/play/755/. Only thing I could bring up with google which discusses the numbers. It is humor, and not to be taken seriously. But, it might have clues for further research.

Key: Complain about this post