A Conversation for Challenge h2g2

UK Counties & Regions - England - Leicestershire

Post 1

Paully

Located in the Midlands, Leicestershire is well-known for its top-quality cheese. But what about its rich history? The vibrant towns? And pies from Melton Mowbray? Share your knowledge with the rest of us! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 2

Beer Elf

Leicestershire born and raised, I'd like a wild stab at this, unless anyone else fancies it? smiley - blush

Post 3

Paully

Hey, Sparky - you're the first person to volunteer, so as far as I'm concerned, it's yours to do with as you wish! smiley - smiley

Cheers!smiley - ok

Paully

Post 4

Paully

I'm delighted to announce that we already have two County entries in Peer Review, waiting to receive any bouquets or brickbats that people might lob in their general direction! If you're currently either working on or contributing to a County entry of your own right now, you might like to have a quick look to see how some other researchers have tackled this challenge. They are: County Fermanagh (A6092606) and Norfolk (A6108473).

Hope you enjoy reading them! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 5

Cyzaki

Does this count as spam, Paully? smiley - tongueout

smiley - panda

Post 6

Paully

Yes, absolutely. Top-quality, grade A, freshly packaged and delicious to eat spam... It's very good for you, you know! smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 7

Cyzaki

Can similar spam be expected every time a county entry hits PR?

smiley - panda

Post 8

The H2G2 Editors

Anyone in the mood to tackle this one? We have a T-shirt for the lucky winner who can get this through PR and into the Guide.

Post 9

Rockhound

Ahhh, go on then. Might as well have a stab at my current abode having got the homeland through PR smiley - winkeye

Might take a few weeks, so don't hold your breath...

Post 10

The H2G2 Editors

smiley - applause Thanks very much. smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more