A Conversation for Beer

Beer Favourites

Post 21

Researcher 27546

Geordie Scottish Export - Homebrew - 20p a pint (max) and no need to go out

Beer Favourites

Post 22

Jonny

Well, I'm English and I live in the US. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the beer over here, it's of a different style to what I'd expect in England, but not as horrific as I'd been led to expect.

Beer Favourites

Post 23

The Flames

My Favout beer (bitter) is Old Speckled Hen

Beer Favourites

Post 24

Magic

Feed me 'til I want no more.
Wrexham Lager.
Wrexham Lager.
Feed 'til I want no more.
(Want no more)
Feed me 'til I want no more

Beer Favourites

Post 25

Eric Cartman

i'm from singapore...
been drinking tiger for the past 12 years smiley - smiley
I prefer guiness though..

Beer Favourites

Post 26

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

Anyone for a Tsing Tao? Ontario Liquor Stores have taken to selling beer from countries most people have probably never heard; and would therefore suspect to have been invented by breweries.

Beer Favourites

Post 27

Researcher 37392

In Australia, advertising tells the world that Fosters Larger is supposed to be our favourite beer. If this is the case, why is it not available in any hotel that I know of in Perth ?? (except for Fosters Light, but then who drinks light beer ????)

Beer Favourites

Post 28

ummagumma

If you want something to wash down a hot Aussie summer then you cant go past Emu Bitter. Brewed in Perth Western Australia by Swan Breweries. "The Beer with the Bite"

Beer Favourites

Post 29

Oldmildog

I'll be living in Italy for four months starting at the end of the month, and I'd rather drink beer than wine.

Can someone suggest an Italian beer? Do Italians make beer worth drinking, or should I stick to the imports?

Beer Favourites

Post 30

Traal Bugblatter

If you like it strong , try a Gold Label and Special Brew mix. Oh and try not to wretch when you drink it.
It's my favourite falling down water.
If you like it mellow try some Norman Conquest. It's Grrrrreat!

Beer Favourites

Post 31

Macro Pod

No self respecting Australian (I suppose there are a few) would even dream of drinking Fosters despite all the marketing hype.

A couple of good brews are the classic Coopers from South Oz or Cascade Premium Larger from Tasmania. The Cascade Premium Stout is a good drop also.

All should be consumed in copious quantities.

Beer Favourites

Post 32

Alnitak

Looks like Nobody and I are sharing some common cultural heritage... I would add the Orval in the top 5. A word also for fruit beers like Pecheresse.

Beer Favourites

Post 33

SMURF

I reckon that the true test for any beer loving individual is to try som Orkney Skull Splitter and live to tell the tale.

Beer Favourites

Post 34

dommi

My personal favourite is Speckled Hen or in the winter Solar Flare

Beer Favourites

Post 35

SMURF

Of course there's always Winter Warmer.

Beer Favourites

Post 36

The Driver

Why leave it till Friday? Start on a Monday, work up to some real drinking at weekend.

Beer Favourites

Post 37

The Driver

Are you pissed?

Beer Favourites

Post 38

Scoob

Well, as an unwashed American living in the actual USA, I have to agree withthe general transatlantic disdain expressed here for most American brews. I find that something along the lines of a Miller Genuine Draft is acceptable for cheap, pleasureless drinking--just to get hammered and not much else (tho for that sort of thing I break out the whiskey anyhow). To enjoy a beer, I look for a pint of Guinness on draught, or perhaps a Bass. But I have to say the ultimate to my experience is the Elliot Ness Lager, a microbrew from the Great Lakes Brewing Company. In the bottle it is not overly impressive, but on draught it is an experience that should not be missed (Their Dortumunder Gold is not half bad, either).

Beer Favourites

Post 39

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

A herd of buffalo can move only as fast as the slowest buffalo. When the
herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are
killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the
general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the
regular culling of the weakest members.

Much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the
slowest
brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills brain
cells,
but naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain
cells,
making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Cheers

Beer Favourites

Post 40

Ginger The Feisty

Old Thumper is a great pint to be found in the New Forest!

Key: Complain about this post