This is the Message Centre for Organoleptic Icon

Removed

Post 1

Paulthebread

This post has been removed.

The banned joke (and that's a joke in itself!)

Post 2

Organoleptic Icon

Thanks Paul.

I really must find out what H2G2 does and how it works!

Oddly enough IU was about to reply "Christ no" on the thread!

Post 3

Paulthebread

It was the fact that you'd left a message on H2H2 that enable me to leave you a message. Even though your message was only one word!( A very funny word, though!smiley - biggrin)

This is about the extent of my knowledge of H2G2.

I often wish people would open their H2G2 account, as it's then very easy to contact them away from the boards.

Maybe I should start a thread on the subject. (Headed NAF, of course!smiley - laugh)

Post 4

Organoleptic Icon

Thanks

How can I find my previous post here?

steve

Post 5

Paulthebread

Hi Steve

If you mean your original message - 'Moi?', I think you'll find it if you click on 'My Space' on the left of the page.

You may have to scroll down to see it.

I think you should also find it under the list of 'My conversations'.

Cheers, Paulsmiley - smiley

Post 6

Organoleptic Icon

Thanks Paul - I finally found it in "My messages"

I have little idea what h2g2 is - seems to be an alternative way to handle BBC Boards. But WHY?

When I get a round tuit I will try to work it out. But life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend. I have always thought..... etc.

Is it messages posted from here that have the date/time format that rosie IV uses?

Confused? Moi?

Post 7

Paulthebread

As far as I can understand it's inspired by the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy - hence H2G2.

It's (it would like to be) the answer to...

Life, the universe and everything!

I think Rosie's unique style comes from the browser she uses.

I'm really having to hold myself back on the joke thread.

Where's Stewart Lee when we need him most?

Cheers, Paulsmiley - smiley

Post 8

Organoleptic Icon

I know anout h2g2 as a term - and what they quaintly called a "book".

Just still unclear of the function of this manifestation!

Who is Stewart Lee?

Post 9

Paulthebread

Stewart Lee wrote the play/opera Jerry Springer: The opera.

A very funny guy.

Know what you mean about the purpose of H2G2 - and it's the opposite of user-friendly I find!

Post 10

Organoleptic Icon

Good Lord! Are we allowed to carry on posting here after midnight?

JS the opera is the one with the man (Jesus?) in nappies? I watched it only to see what the fuss was about. The fussers clearly totally missed the point.

Bit like satanic Verses, which I bought for the same reason. Still don't know what the fuss was about because I could make no sense of it at all. Not written in coherent English, sort of stream of semi-consciousness!

Post 11

Paulthebread

Yup! We can post on here 'til the cows come home.

I'd really like to go to town on that post by Sue - I mean, Saint Tikhon of Zadonsk?

There's surely a Monty Python sketch there!

Agree with you re Dawkins - now there's a name to conjure with!LOL

He's the reason I joined Twitter - just so I could keep up on the atheist front. And I've got The Blind Watchmaker by my bed which is where I'm heading in a mo. I'll just read a few pages before before I sleep - to gird my loins for tomorrow's skirmishing!

Never read Satanic Verses, the reviews weren't all that great!smiley - smiley

Post 12

peasoupdragon

Hi Guys,

Was that meant to be a joke smiley - erm

I find the two dissenters - Mocando and denader moan all the time and STS - although very knowledgable about food very annoying with her holier than though attitude.

It was her that was offended at White Ainsleys name as she considered it racist smiley - grr

I mean if you dont like the thread - dont post there! Dont start a fight about it

Anways - catch smiley - friedegg
smiley - dragon

Post 13

Organoleptic Icon

Paul

I can no longer find the "Confused - Moi?" thread. Can you?

Steve

Post 14

Paulthebread

Just click on your name on your last post and it'll bring you there.

Off to work now. Back about 4 - wonder how many posts there'll be on that thread by then!smiley - biggrin

Post 15

Organoleptic Icon

Hi Paul

I must be getting old. I can find my posts, but not work out how to just get the ones on h2g2 - or how to find an old post.

You should join CB - most of them ONLY post from work!

Steve

Post 16

Plaice&Thyme

But surely if Paul posted from work he would get lots of dough in his keyboard.

Sorry to butt in guys I am just starting to use this place too.

Post 17

Plaice&Thyme

ps

Steve I got here by clicking on your name on the main boards and seeing you had posted under h2g2 as well as under "food" so clicked on that and here I am.

That's about as much as I know apart from looking at "my space" and seeing conversations listed there.

Post 18

deestobie

Hello people - all of you being amongst what I consider to be the "voices of reason" on the food boards.

My banned 'joke' was posted quite, quite deliberately to point out how ridiculous the thread was becoming. It wasn't meant to be particularly funny smiley - tongueout, just highlighting the silliness. I was literally counting the minutes till it was pulled.

TBH, I don't understand why the thread kicked off the way it did. I don't think I've ever seen one quite as vitriolic as this became (and it's still going!). I even checked the phase of the moon to see if we were all becoming lunatics smiley - biggrin. And I suspect I wasn't the only one to hit the triangle on Sue's diatribe, but if it was me then I hold up my hands. Yes, I also immediately thought of Monty Python ("He's not the Messiah, he's a VERY NAUGHTY BOY!") smiley - laugh

And finally:

I wish Morrisons still sold the Nativity selection.

You know - the baby cheeses.

smiley - hug

Dee

Post 19

Paulthebread

Welcome PSD and P&T - nice to see you here!

Dee, I can't remember specifically why I wanted to contact you away from the message boards but I suspect it's all been said on this thread.

Loved this quote from STS:
As I have already said, I am a Christian. I used to teach in a Convent School, and the Nuns would have washed pupils mouths out with soap if they made any jokes like this one

Tells you a lot about Christianity .

Also Steve's comment about turning the other cheek was very apropos, even though it fell on stony ground!smiley - laugh

And Sue also repeated the offending joke! Not too offended that she couldn't repeat it!

It's all too silly for words!

Anyway your last two sentences made me smile and laugh out loud.

Cheers everybody!

Paulsmiley - smiley

Post 20

Organoleptic Icon

Some of the people on Food Chat certainly seem to spread their seed on stony ground. In the manner of Onan?

Key: Complain about this post