A Conversation for The Great British Breakfast

The Great American Breakfast

Post 1

Utterly Sans Panic

The highest form of the G.A.B. is found at an emporium on the Jersey Shore, which is ONLY open from 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for the purpose. It includes eggs (yes, my UK friends, one ONLY orders them "over easy") the finest hotcakes in this part of the galaxy, smoked bacon (crisp, never rubbery), home fries and coffee. Just put one of these under your belt, and you are immune from the temptations of ersatz yogurt-and-granola substitutes from t'uther coast...

Post 2

Shep

Judgging from most of the Americans I've seen the "G A B" must be fantastic.
I heard it was a french loaf coverd in peanut butter, mayonnaise and a pound of bacon and then deep fried, sounds great!!

Post 3

jabberpook

Another prerequisite for The Great American (workday) Breakfast is that it be served in a sack, bought from and ate in a moving car. It still consists of the usual ingredients, but instead of being served on a plate...it is dynamically squished into a bread product (biscuit, croissant, muffin) and quickly wrapped in greasy wax paper. Customarily served with a large hash-brown lozenge and burnt coffee in a leaking styrofoam cup.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more