This is the Message Centre for A.Dent ....in time

Dent's Kitchen

Post 221

Big Red

Zantic! smiley - hugsmiley - kiss

Dent's Kitchen

Post 222

Zantic - Who is this woman??

smiley - hugsmiley - kiss That's quite a welcome back BigRed! thank you.

Zantic smiley - dragon

Dent's Kitchen

Post 223

Big Red

I've missed you! And I've been fretting about how you're doing. I read your latest post on your site, so I know you're OK. Changing the subject, everyone should send Azahar a picture for the Hootoo photo gallery. See http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F119314?thread=421977&skip=0&show=20 for details. The gallery itself is at http://public.fotki.com/azahar/h2g2_friends/

Dent's Kitchen

Post 224

Big Red

So where is everyone? Would it help if I make some more shortcake? Maybe peach this time?

Dent's Kitchen

Post 225

Big Red

OK, guess I have to eat this all by myself. smiley - ill

Dent's Kitchen

Post 226

A.Dent ....in time

Sorry BR it's end of year exams here, so it's all hands to the grind stone until closedown next week.

smiley - smiley

Dent's Kitchen

Post 227

Heyla all!

Sorry about dissapearing again BigRed, I've been avoiding my computer of late!

How was the shortcake?

Zantic smiley - dragon

Dent's Kitchen

Post 228

Videokids

Hiya all. smiley - smiley

Sorry about not being able to try the shortcake Big Red, have been very busy in RL.

Have brought some smiley - choc cake for all to enjoy.

VK

Dent's Kitchen

Post 229

Big Red

RL has had me too tied up as well, but now it's August, the one time of year when I get any break (besides the week between Christmas and New Year's).

So, the peaches are still gorgeous, and so are the blackberries, so what about blackberry and peach crisp? Mmmmmmmm.

Dent's Kitchen

Post 230

Videokids

Hi Big Red smiley - smiley

The blackberry and peach crisp sounds delicious.

Have been very busy again, grandchildren have been off school for six weeks, have been with daughter and her three boys most off the days in the week, helping to keep them occupied, oldest one has gone back today, middle one starts school for the first time tomorrow, I am going over to look after youngest one, as middle one only has to stay there for an hour and they want a parent to stay as well.

Hope you had a good August.

VK

Dent's Kitchen

Post 231

Big Red

It *was* a good August, VK, and so far September has been even better because I was on vacation last week at the beach. smiley - cool

So how's Dent? Is he ever coming back to Hootoo?

Dent's Kitchen

Post 232

Videokids

Hi Big Red smiley - smiley

Sorry about the long gap, have been too busy for H2G2, plus the computer I use has and still is under repair.

Hope all is well with yourself. smiley - ok

Dent is well, just very busy, yes he will be back on Hootoo, not sure when though.

VK

Dent's Kitchen

Post 233

Big Red

Hi, VK. (waves)

Yes, all is well, except the election is tomorrow and I'm terrified. smiley - yikes I don't think America will survive four more years of Dubya.

Dent's Kitchen

Post 234

A.Dent ....in time

Well having just spent the last six months in an intensive training course I can now say “I’ve been there and done that, got the tee shirt, mug, and complementary condiments set”

And I’m now a fully something’efied (@’+rack) sorry, web designer ‘without portfolio’. For those not in the know (a paper hat).

It was an experience though, I now appreciate more what goes on with the systems I have spent so many years building and setting up and maintaining for others.

Granted I did do some web work, in fact I did loads of web work, but with the (“I just want to be able to upload my pictures and that’s it”) attitude of the clients, all the work I’ve done is behind the scenes and most likely the unsuspecting web viewer is oblivious to the tribulations of trying to teach a website how to put itself together on the fly with only html, never the less,
I can say, “I DID THAT,”
Not that I ever would admit it in public you know “.

Has to what this will mean, to me in the near or distant future is anyone’s guess, but as for now, eye strain and RSI springs to mind, followed by unhealthy knowledge of things webby to add to an all-ready unhealthy knowledge of things hardware-ish and networking-ish.. And of course one more thing to wave under my boss’s nose next time I ask for a raise, well what can I say. "hi-ya BR, ZEST, Lamppost & t.

A Dent smiley - smiley

Dent's Kitchen

Post 235

Heyla Dent smiley - kiss LNTS!

As this is a kitchen, can anyone give me ideas as to how to make a chocolate cake look like a sleeping Kiwi?

Zantic smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for A.Dent ....in time

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more