A Conversation for Kirkenes, Norway

Peer Review: A1131085 - Kirkenes, Norway

Post 1

Mark Ed Black

Entry: Kirkenes, Norway - A1131085
Author: Mark Ed Black - U237010

Kirkenes is a most exstrordinary ugly place. I think there's a good image of Kirkenes on http://www.kimek.com

A1131085 - Kirkenes, Norway

Post 2

2 of 3

Isn't Kirkenes the most easterly town in Norway?
If you're going to write an article on Kirkenes you may as well mention that (if its true).

Post 3

Mark Ed Black

Again, no, Vardø is more to the east...

Post 4

Cyzaki

If you want this to make the edited guide, you should either remove the first person references, or change the title so something like 'My experiences of Kirkenes, Norway' and put the first person references between tags.

smiley - panda

Post 5

2 of 3

Whats the point of this article anyway?

You pick a place that 90% of the people on here have never heard about and then proceed to insult the place.

Perhaps its that you know no-one from Kirkenes is likely to be here to defend the place.

I don't think this kind of article should be in Peer Review (or the guide) even if it has no 1st person references.

2/3

Post 6

Cyzaki

The author has more or less left the building - time to start thinking about a move? Not sure where this one is headed though...

smiley - panda

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

I don't think this should go to the Flea Market, as it would require a complete rewrite to make it acceptable. If anybody has been to Kirkenes and knows and likes it, they can write their own entry and not be influenced by this one.

So I'd suggest you move the entry back to the author's space. I'm not a scout, though.

Post 8

Number Six

I second that. I suspect that Mark Ed Black may return to h2g2 when he gets the email that tells him his entry on the Bla Rock Cafe in Tromso is on the Front Page, but in the meantime there's no reason why this should be staying in Peer Review.

smiley - mod

Post 9

Geggs

But theres no sign of any actually movement as yet.

I'll send an email.

Geggs

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more