This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Bel went a-cycling

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

The weather was lovely this weekend.
I had spent most of it preparing smiley - thepost, and didn't really have any plans.

At about 12.30pm, my husband came in (I was just mending son #2's trousers) and said goodbye, and that he'd only be back in the evening.
I thought he'g go to fly his model airplanes, but had caught a glimpse of him in white shirt with stripes, so wondered a little. My youngest son knew that his dad would go to his work place, but didn't know why.
Mr Google knows it all, though, so I found out it was the annual streetfest, and my husband's work place offered some cooking demonstrations (steam cookers), a raffle, and more.

I went on with my smiley - thepost work, then decided that I'd cycle the 11km, as most is slightly downhill and take the smiley - bus back.

All went well. It was surprisingly warm, probably about 25°C, so on arriving at my destination you could have used my face as a red traffic light.

I had a chat with my friend, some smiley - bubbly and some water, and an hour later, I left to go home.

The smiley - bus was late. Not too much of a problem, I thought, I'd just get off early and take a short-cut to the bus stop of the line going where live.

The next bus was due ten minutes later, so I thought I'd cycle a bit and get on it at a later stop.

Bad mistake! The was a streetfest in Seckbach, too. I thought I'd just walk through and catch the bus at the end of its detour. But there were incredibly many people, so I made hardly any progress.

Eventually I reached the end of the blocked street, but there was no bus stop in sight. I had to cycle up two very steep hills. I was exhausted and decided to wait for the bus, which was due in three minutes.
No bus came. 15 minutes on, I thought I'd brave the next steep hills and cycle home (it was only about 3km to go.

My legs wouldn't hear any of it, though, so I got off my bike and pushed it uphill. The bus took over when was about five metres away from the next stop. I waved, but to no avail.

So I proceeded one bus stop more, but then had to admit defeat and waited for the next bus which was only slightly late.

So cycling (the route I took there) would have taken me about 45 min. Going by bus took me 1.15hours. smiley - rolleyes

But I'm home, and still able to move. Will be interesting to see if I can get out of bed tomorrow. smiley - laugh

Bel went a-cycling

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - roflsmiley - roflsmiley - rofl

You are a brave and athletic person. smiley - hug

I hope you have some massage oil ready for tomorrow. And a volunteer.

Bel went a-cycling

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

I probably should take a hot bath, but then I'd fall asleep, and I can't do that on a Sunday night. smiley - laugh

Massage sounds nice, but no volunteer in sight. smiley - biggrin

Bel went a-cycling

Post 4

You can call me TC

Have a hot bath and a hot drink! You'll be pleased with yourself tomorrow for doing all that strenuous cycling and pushing. All good exercise. It's just very frustrating when you've already done so much of it!

Bel went a-cycling

Post 5

You can call me TC

simpost - hot baths seem to be on everyone's minds!

Bel went a-cycling

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

I guess I'll just have to repeat it tomorrow, sore muscles or not. smiley - laugh

Bel went a-cycling

Post 7

Tumsup

Bel, I can relate to that.smiley - biggrin

I just got my bike out of mothballs this last year and have been working my way up to greater distances. Yesterday I went to a fly-in at the strip of one of the flying club members. I had been there before and thought a) It's not too far and b) I'll be back before the rain forecast for that afternoon.smiley - laugh

a) It was and b) I wasn't I wobbled into the house to change out of my wet clothes. My legs would barely carry me. My muscles were overcooked by the effort to outrun the rain.

I got out the county map and calculated that the trip was over 50kms total.smiley - yikes When I took my car last year it didn't seem half that.

Bel went a-cycling

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

50 km. smiley - yikes

And there I am exhausted after a mere 16 or so.

Well done, Tumsup. smiley - applause

It's very windy now, but no rain as yet.

Bel went a-cycling

Post 9

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

50 km? smiley - rofl

it's a walk in the park, for pity's sake!

smiley - pirate

Bel went a-cycling

Post 10

aka Bel - A87832164

Especially for pirates with a wooden leg. smiley - winkeye

Bel went a-cycling

Post 11

okay-okay, it's probably a bit more hilly where you live, i'll give you that smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Bel went a-cycling

Post 12

ps: it doesn't seem so hilly if you can only see with one eye smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Bel went a-cycling

Post 13

Tumsup

I didn't mean to say that 50kms was far, I meant that it's far for me. I know cyclists who do 100km every day in the off season, then they ramp it up while training for racing.

Did I mention that I'll be sixty next spring?

Bel went a-cycling

Post 14

PedanticBarSteward

I have retired to bed, just at the thought of it!

Bel went a-cycling

Post 15

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - rofl

But you're walking lots and lots of km each day.

And Tumsup, IÄm sure Pierce is only joking. I think 50km is very far.

Bel went a-cycling

Post 16

re 15:

nah, it isn't, really. not here anyway. but as i said: this area i live in is as flat as a pancake

smiley - pirate (only 57 years old smiley - winkeye)

Bel went a-cycling

Post 17

You can call me TC

My husband (who is 60) goes on trips with his friends (aged between 55 and 74) and they average about 80 km a day. But I still reckon you deserve a medal, Bel - I shudder at the thought of cycling more than my 2 km to work and back.

Bel went a-cycling

Post 18

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6MtWRGW3M
smiley - winkeye

smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Bel went a-cycling

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

Very funny, Prof. smiley - rofl

TC, The first part was pretty relaxed, and I failed on my way back.
But it shows me that I *really* must do some sports.

Bel went a-cycling

Post 20

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

just you be careful with any crazy drivers about, who don't watch for out cyclists etcsmiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post