This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

New online games (Bel)

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

If you think I'm busy enough with all those scrabble games I'm playing and stuff I'm doing you're not entirely wrong. However, I just love puzzles and quizzes, and the challenge for me is to do them in English.

Yesterday, I found a crossword puzzle online. I can take as long as I want, as it's not competitive. So, now that I solve at least one cryptic clues crossword (in German) a week (two if I can find the time and concentration), and after I've done the daily puzzle on SET (http://www.setgame.com/set/puzzle_frame.htm), I intend to do the daily crosswords here: http://dictionary.reference.com/fun/crossword/index.html as ofgten as I can make the time.

So, it's American and totally different to every crossword I've ever solved, and I have to google those specific things I have no chance of knowing (like high school stuff and things), and I have to look up words, but hey.

It keeps me busy in between football matches and if my scrabble score is too dire to even look at the board. smiley - tongueincheek

New online games (Bel)

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - smileywill check this out latersmiley - hug

clue - postman

smiley - winkeyehow many letters ?

millionssmiley - whistle

New online games (Bel)

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - rofl

New online games (Bel)

Post 4

Taff Agent of kaos

seven up????? lemonade?????

smiley - bat

New online games (Bel)

Post 5

KB

smiley - groan You had to go and post that when I'd just resolved to clean the bathroom. It would be rude not to complete it now, right?

New online games (Bel)

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

Right. smiley - biggrin

And I'm sure it won't take you a full hour. smiley - winkeye

New online games (Bel)

Post 7

Mu Beta

I'm going to use this opportunity to trot out (again) my favourite ever cryptic crossword clue:

What an expert in share movement expects from the board (10,5)

B

New online games (Bel)

Post 8

Taff Agent of kaos

finnancial times???

smiley - bat

New online games (Bel)

Post 9

Mu Beta

Not even if you spell 'Financial' correctly, no.

B

New online games (Bel)

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - rofl

"What an expert in share movement expects from the board"

put that in to google and see the top linksmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

New online games (Bel)

Post 11

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Good grief, just what I needed, another internet time sink. smiley - laugh Dinner was an hour late this evening while I did a few crosswords. I love crosswords!

New online games (Bel)

Post 12

Icy North

I've got B's clue smiley - biggrin

smiley - cheesesmiley - cheers Icy

New online games (Bel)

Post 13

Vestboy

Vicar to nun on the train: "What's a four letter word ending in IT - the clue is found at the bottom of a budgie's cage?"
Nun: GRIT
Vicar: D'oh! Have you got an eraser?

New online games (Bel)

Post 14

aka Bel - A87832164

I haven't got a clue.

Wallstreet Crash would fit the bill as far as the number of letters is concerned, but seeing Icy's choice of smileys, I guess that's far of the mark. smiley - laugh

New online games (Bel)

Post 15

KB

Bel, it refers to a pretty British phenomenon, so you might never think of it. But aside from that it's designed to lead you down the wrong path entirely - which it does very well.

It's a good one though - I can see why MB likes it.

New online games (Bel)

Post 16

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, all the cryptic clues do that, which is why I don't even try to solve them in English - I lack the cultural background. Crosswords in English are tough enough. Funny thing I found out today. the American meaning for somebody who is shy at parties/social events is *exactly* the same word as its Geran translation. Who'd have thought. smiley - bigeyes

For those German speaking folks, here's a link to a German cryptic clues crossword:

http://spiele.zeit.de/ecke/

New online games (Bel)

Post 17

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

wot smiley - huh

wall flower?

smiley - pirate

New online games (Bel)

Post 18

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, exactly. smiley - biggrin

New online games (Bel)

Post 19

Mu Beta

As regards the 'budgie cage' question, my version is a little bit ruder.

Vicar: The clue says 'woman'. Blank-blank-N-T.

Nun: Aunt!

Vicar: Ah...do you have an eraser?

B

New online games (Bel)

Post 20

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

wandblume smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post