This is the Message Centre for aka Bel - A87832164

Birthday Surprises

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

Its my birthday today, and I had some lovely surprises.

As most you will know, I've had mucho trouble with my PC, and it crashed again last week. My husband promised to fix it, saying he'd install Windows anew after I had saved my data on an external device.
Every now and again, I went to look for the progress he made. He had given me his net book to use while I was waiting.

At midnight this night, he came to wish me a happy birthday, carrying a small black box. I had no idea what it was, but boy, was it heavy.

Turned out, he had only pretended to fix my old PC. Instead, he had set up a new (used) one he had bought to give to me for my birthday.

So now I'll spend the day transferring my saved data onto the new PC.

My wonderful sons had a few lovely surprises, too.

They gave me a piggy bank - or should I say monkey bank; a tin with a see-through lid to keep my coffee powder in, a lovely mug, and a tiny mug which they said couldnt be used for anything but they bought it because it reads: 'Mit dir ist alles schön' which means as much as 'With you, everything is lovely'. Aren't they just the bestest boys ever?
smiley - loveblush

http://picasaweb.google.com/TheBelana/Birthday2009#

smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - bubbly

Birthday Surprises

Post 2

Sho - employed again!

Happy Birthday B'El!
And what a great present from your husband!

Birthday Surprises

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, it's marvellous. smiley - magic

It will take some time to adjust it to my needs, but it's worth it. smiley - biggrin

Birthday Surprises

Post 4

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

congratulations smiley - smooch

smiley - pirate

Birthday Surprises

Post 5

aka Bel - A87832164

I got an email from Lufthansa with a link to a game. After I had solved the game, I was awarded with a voucher for a music download.
I'll have to register there to do that, but if I register for the first time, I'll get 500 Premium Miles for Miles & More.
I have no idea how many Miles I have, can't be many, but I'll see. Now just to decide which song to download. smiley - erm

Birthday Surprises

Post 6

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh, and thanks, Pierce. smiley - smooch

Birthday Surprises

Post 7

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

That was a lovely surprise from your sons, B'El (sort of thing that stops you being cross wityh them for long when they're naughty)

I'm intrigued by what the small black box was yourt husband gave you. Sounded to small to be the new PC -was it the external hard-drive he'd given you previously smiley - erm.

I think you read all the trials and tribulations I had with my PC recentlysmiley - erm. I ended up having to re-boot Windows, but prior to that had to buy an external hard-drive to ensure I didn't lose any files.

For some reason the 'puter wouldn't allow me to transfer folders to my EHD, so I had to do it file-by-filesmiley - grr. Actually, mu son ended up doing this for me.

Continue to enjoy your combined Christmas/birthday, B'El

smiley - giftsmiley - crackersmiley - redwinesmiley - xmaspudsmiley - xmastree

A

Birthday Surprises

Post 8

aka Bel - A87832164

Cheers, BigAl. smiley - smiley

The small black box is the PC, see:

http://picasaweb.google.de/TheBelana/Birthday2009#5419510697452784802

And I transferred my folders to a memory stick. That worked well.
Had to 'empty' it a few times (uploaded to son's PC), but it was no problem at all. Maybe you should try that if ever you needed file transfer again.

Birthday Surprises

Post 9

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Congrats. smiley - bubblysmiley - cake

Have a wonderful day, and have fun with all that data 'stuff'! smiley - boing Sounds like you will. smiley - winkeye

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Birthday Surprises

Post 10

Malabarista - now with added pony

Welcome back, and happy birthday! smiley - biggrin

Birthday Surprises

Post 11

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - chocsmiley - cakeHappy birthday sweetheart and many happy returns of the day. Sounds like some wonderful gifts, and you are well loved (no surprise!)smiley - love

smiley - giftsmiley - hugandsmiley - kiss from Annie/GBsmiley - cheerup

Birthday Surprises

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

Thanks all. smiley - ta

The weather is lovely, so I may go for a walk. smiley - smiley

Birthday Surprises

Post 13

Santragenius V

Congrats smiley - bubblysmiley - smooch

Birthday Surprises

Post 14

psychocandy-moderation team leader

What lovely gifts! And how wonderful that you're back on a working computer again. Hurray!

That little mug from your boys would have been my favorite- how sweet!

Birthday Surprises

Post 15

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Happy Birthday, Be'l smiley - bubbly

Have an excellent day smiley - hug

Birthday Surprises

Post 16

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

nice ladies deserve the bestsmiley - hugsmiley - smoochat all times

Birthday Surprises

Post 17

KB

Happy birthday! That sounds like a present that came right on time, too! smiley - biggrin

Birthday Surprises

Post 18

Websailor

A Very Happy Birthday Bel.

I am so pleased for you. What a lovely surprise to have a new computer. I hope it works wonder for you. Enjoy setting it up. I found when I had my new one it made me more selective as to what I keep, so it was all neat and tidy for a long while. But stuff grows smiley - biggrin and I need to have a spring clean.

Hope your Christmas was smiley - ok - mine was much better than expected as the weather was kind and the travelling good.

Have a lovely day, and the rest of the break.

Take care,

smiley - hug

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Birthday Surprises

Post 19

aka Bel - A87832164

Thank you all. smiley - hugsmiley - bubbly

Webbie, I've deleted a lot of stuff before starting to save data, so what's left is pretty essential. I'll have to see whether it is possible to get saved software to work. If not, I'll have to hunt it down, download and install again.

Oh, this PC is not only quite small, it's not noisy at all, either. And I can switch it off when I don't need it - that was something I couldn't do with the old one for fear it wouldn't start again.

Birthday Surprises

Post 20

Websailor

That's wonderful Bel. Best of luck with it. I shouldn't be here really but I missed my 'fix' yesterday smiley - biggrin and I have peace and quiet up here, which I definitely didn't get yesterday smiley - smiley

Websailor smiley - dragon

Key: Complain about this post