This is the Message Centre for Moving On

By the time you are reading this again...............

Post 581

smurfles

smiley - footprints
Where is everyone???
Missed again evsmiley - laugh
I do hope UG's okay,the weather's been rotten.
Oh well.maybe later you can give me some advice about acupuncture..it's sounding more and more welcoming ,maybe i can have a go if i can find one locally.
Off to have a peek round.smiley - sadface
smiley - footprints

Post 582

Moving On

Bugger! I went to post a whacking great reply and dinked the wrong bit of the keyboard! Lets try again!

smiley - sorry I missed you... I did keep peeking in, honest, but obviously the timing was out on my part... againsmiley - sadface

I'd heartilly recommend accupuncture Sal - I was thinking about you when I was having it done yesterday, and asked about your complaints - my practitioner didn't bat an eyelid, just said it would be no big problem to help out... so yes, look around for one your neck of the woods.

If you'd like, I'll ask my lady if she knows of anyone your way, and failing that, what qualifications you should look for.

It doesn't hurt - well, OK, there's a bit of discomfort, but honestly, thats all it is, discomfort, nothing else. If it DOES hurt - or you find the little pins have made you bleed badly then just don't go back - accupuncture shouldn't do that atall.

Its ever such a long established medical treatment - around 6,000 years, so I reckon they know what they're doig... and the pain relief is fantastic. It costs around £25.00 a session, plus whatever herbal remedies you need to carry on the treatment.... and the course of treatment doesn't last forever, either, which is great.

You may have to go back once every so often to "top up" but its a small price to pay to live your life without popping painkillers and gawd knows what every day... and if you can get some relief from pain and not feel giddy just think of all the stuff you can do in the garden without hurting!

I'd seriously consider it Sal, I would really. I'm amazed at how little pain I'm in, in comparison to how I was 2 or 3 months ago - in fact, how much less pain I'm in from even last week, really. I'm not quite off all the painkillers yet, but so many minor ailments and annoying little bits I've lived with for years have cleared up you'd be amazed....my mobility's coming back, slowly, and altho I'm still very tired, when I *am* awake, I feel alive, not dozey as I usually do.

Well worth a try, I'd say. Give us a bell or an email and I'll fill you in on all the gory details!smiley - winkeye

Post 583

Moving On

Just rememberedsmiley - yikes

I'll probably miss you today AND tomorrow.. today I've got the joys of a jaunt to The Pain Clinic... and tomorrow I've got the Physio Terrorist... and have to give a couple of armfuls of blood for various tests they want run on me. Will be "in" both afternoons unless something dramatic happens, though...

We'll just have to keep talking into the ether and hope we catch up with each other eventuallysmiley - sadface

Post 584

smurfles

Hi ev,Hope all the tests go okay .I shall ring you in the next couple of days,just don't know exactly when.It's a training day at school for three of the grandchildren,so one of them is here today smiley - applause,with the threat of the others putting in an appearancesmiley - somersault!
Chat to you soon though,might be early evening if thats okay.smiley - hug.

Post 585

Moving On

Evening will be grand Smurfles - look forward to catching upsmiley - hug

And hey! We're on at the same time!

Just got in from the aptly named physioterrorist... don't know if I'm on my head or my heels; but its lovely when it stops!smiley - smiley

Went to the Pain Clinic's Bossy Nurse yesterday - I've been loaned a TENS machine to try out. It's like putting tingly slugs on your painful bitssmiley - sadface

It might be OK if you've nothing better to do than lie flat on your back all day (coo... I wish!), but if you've a bit of a life to get on with, all the palava of the thing doesn't half get in the way of living!

Post 586

smurfles

HI EV!!!
It won't neccesarily be tonight ,but will be in the next couple of days.
I've never used one of those tens machines,to tell the truth they scare mesmiley - blush
The doctor DID threaten to get one for me once,but it never arrived,and i didn't persue it.They do look a bit fiddly though.
Goodness me,were always been warned about the dangers of electric shock.then they try to give you something to cause one(i know they're safe really).

Post 587

Moving On

No prob love, make it a case of "as and when" From July 4th whether I'm on the pC or not you'll be able to reach me cos I'm getting broardband at last!

So If I'm not on, on the 4th of July, it'll be for the same reasen... I haven't had the Magic Modem come thru yet and knowing my luck I'll crash the PC again. Happens everytime I try and do anything technicalsmiley - sadface

The TENS sacres me, too, if I'm honest... and it IS just like having mild elctric shocks zingle thru wherever the pads are put.

(Infact, I find it *more* painful than the original pain; in my case there simply isn't a "comfortable" level of tingling...I either don't feel anythin... or I'm clawing the ceiling because of the sensation - doesn't seem to be any middle ground with me! Though when was there ever!smiley - tongueout)

Apparently they are very good for about 60% of those in chronic pain. The other 40% of us apparently just have to get on with it - but there is another, newer machine which is less fiddly called a Remedi-Mi.

That'll be my next port of call, I expect.

Having said that, a TENS costs about £30.00 from the hospital - the other one, because its "new" costs £160.00!

(Tho where - when you consider if you're in chronic pain, you usually cannent get out to work and earn - they imagine you can get that sort of cash from is one of life's little mysteries! smiley - smiley

Speak soon - and in the meantime, have a good weekend!

Ev x

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Moving On

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more