A Conversation for The Canadian Researchers' Club

SIGN ME UP!

Post 321

taliesin

That's mezcal for you. If you can't find the bottle, you've had enough smiley - drunk

Hey, if it's a clear night out your way, and you can either stay up long enough or get up real early, the Perseid meteor shower should be happening around 4 am.. smiley - star

It'll be peaking on the morning of the 12th, but there should be a good show even now. Look to the east, to the left of Mars smiley - mars

SIGN ME UP!

Post 322

chupito

I'm Chupito(U831240),I'm french but I'm in Quebec city for a year, could you sign me up please?

SIGN ME UP!

Post 323

anhaga

You should probably consider it done.smiley - biggrin

And, Welcome.smiley - smiley

SIGN ME UP!

Post 324

chupito

great, so the main thread is the chief gordon isn't it?

SIGN ME UP!

Post 325

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

It is....

SIGN ME UP!

Post 326

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Ooooh, Quebec City in the fall! One of my favorite places/seasons. Take a drive from Quebec City to Montreal when the leaves are changing -- c'est formidable!

SIGN ME UP!

Post 327

taliesin

"c'est formidable!"

As are the Quebec motorists, I recall..

smiley - yikes

SIGN ME UP!

Post 328

rev. paperboy (god is an iron)

Those controlling motor cars in la belle province do NOT drive too fast -- they simply fly too low. smiley - smiley

SIGN ME UP!

Post 329

Lode007

i'm in. I'm from the mythical town of Ottawa, where MP's, Backbenchers, and the Liberal party reign supreme.

SIGN ME UP!

Post 330

anhaga

Indeed you are in, Lode007 -- you're on the list.smiley - smiley

Welcome. We seem to have been a little quiet the last little while. Perhaps hibernation is beginning.

SIGN ME UP!

Post 331

taliesin

smiley - yawn

What? Did someone say something?

smiley - snowman

smiley - yawn

smiley - zzz

Hi, and welcome, eh? to 'Club Canada', Lode007

SIGN ME UP!

Post 332

Lode077 I am also in Ottawa

SIGN ME UP!

Post 333

Lode007 I mean

SIGN ME UP!

Post 334

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

As the Dalai Lama is now an honourary Canadian citizen, it's only right that he should alo be an honourary Canadian Researcher?

The Canadian House of Commons has voted to give honouurary Canadian citizenship to His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Nelson Mandela and Raoul Wallenberg are the only other honourary Canadian Citizens.

The following is from the House of Commons release:

39th Parliament, 1st Session
Edited Hansard o Number 046

Thursday, June 22, 2006
The Speaker: [English]

We have a request from the hon. member for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale.

His Holiness the Dalai Lama of Tibet

Mr. David Sweet (Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale, CPC): Mr. Speaker, there have been consultations among the various parties and I believe that if you seek it, you will find unanimous consent for the following motion:

That, whereas Tenzin Gyatso, the fourteenth Dalai Lama of Tibet, has been recognized with the Nobel Peace Prize as one of the world's leading champions of peace and non-violence; and

Whereas His Holiness the Dalai Lama will visit Canada from September 9th to the 11th of this year; and

Whereas this House has previously acknowledged historic visits to Canada by other leading champions of human dignity, such as Raoul Wallenberg and Nelson Mandela, by adopting motions granting them "honorary Canadian citizenship";

Therefore, this House resolves to bestow the title "honorary Canadian citizen" on His Holiness the Dalai Lama of Tibet.

The Speaker: Does the hon. member for Ancaster-Dundas-Flamborough-Westdale have the unanimous consent of the House to propose this motion?

Some hon. members: Agreed.

(Motion agreed to)

SIGN ME UP!

Post 335

John the gardener says, "Free Tibet!"

No question(mark), eh smiley - blush

SIGN ME UP!

Post 336

CaptainLovejuice

What ho! I'd not mind joining up here, I'm from Hamilton, Ontario, myself. I'll take any chance I can get to hang around with my fellow Canadians on the internet smiley - cheers

SIGN ME UP!

Post 337

anhaga

You're in!smiley - biggrin

Seems like most everybody has been kind of absent the last little bit. Perhaps it's the summer holidays.smiley - erm

I'm sure if we're patient people will trickle back as we get closer to winter.

SIGN ME UP!

Post 338

Unconventional

Calamity of the North- Unconventional would like to join.

Canadian Bacon for all and to all Canadian Bacon-
I'm from the Niagara realm, anything else I need to do to become an inductee? Perhaps drink an entire iced-cap in one sipping for the sheer intensity of the brainfreeze associated with it.

SIGN ME UP!

Post 339

anhaga

Nope -- don't need to do anything more. I've taken care of it.smiley - smiley

SIGN ME UP!

Post 340

d5e5

I'm a Canadian living in Georgia, USA but I grew up in Smiths Falls, Ontario. One of these days my wife and I will move back to Canada, maybe to Brockville or Kingston.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post