A Conversation for How did we survive?

how did we survive

Post 21

LittleDarlin

morning jane,
ust telewest decided that the digibox wudn't work last night!!smiley - steam
but it seems fine this morning(ooops! hope i haven't spoken too soon!!)smiley - laugh

yeah, we cud do/have done a lot worse since that philosophy waned! smiley - sadface

oh yeah i certainly remember cheesecloth! i smiley - loved the stuff!! smiley - biggrin
n the impossobly high platform shoes n boots!....but i made sure i mastered walking upright in them,after that high heels were a doddle!! smiley - weird

i had REALLY long hair till i was about 16 then i decided to get a 'shaggy' cut (more or less bowie-like) i remember my parents being horrified wen i came home from the hairdressers! but that just added to my street cred!! smiley - magic

i didn't dye or colour my hair
but because it's naturally straight experimented with all the smiley - weird hairstyles going!!
(i must admit the short hair didn't last very long!!)smiley - biggrin

after the monkees i was into Free, Queen, Black Sabbeth,Deep purple etc! n had a really mad crush on Cat stevens!! mmmmmmmmsmiley - lovesmiley - laugh

catch u l8r

Trish smiley - hug

how did we survive

Post 22

Jane Austin

Hi there Trish smiley - biggrin

Yes I just smiley - loved Queen too, Freddie Mercury was just brilliant!!

I,ve never been very much into Deep Purple etc., Not after Donny Osmond smiley - winkeye

Do you remember the camay ad,s on the telly??? and did you ever watch crossroads?? smiley - silly (I just loved Benny and Diane).

I am very smiley - sleepy and just having my last fag and smiley - ale before I smiley - zzz

Goodnight smiley - hug

Jane

p.s. I hope you enjoyed your birthday.

how did we survive

Post 23

LittleDarlin

lol OMG!! yeah i remember crossroads,miss diane n benny n'all but wot a laugh!!
moving scenery,props etc!! smiley - laugh
i smiley - love victoria woods 'acorn antoques'!!! crossroads to a T!! smiley - magic

n yeah i remember the camay ads!!
n loadsa other ones too!!smiley - smiley
how about the nimble ad??
or the rolf harris stylophone??
smiley - whistlesmiley - laugh

Trish smiley - hug

how did we survive

Post 24

Jane Austin

ah, nimble smiley - laugh my mum used to buy it smiley - biggrin it was a bit like eating cotton wool smiley - silly!!!

Did you ever wear "loon pants"??? I had a lovely pair of green velvet ones that I was impossibly proud of!! smiley - laugh and "tank tops" I thought I was really smiley - cool when I bought a "treviera" mini dress and jacket!!!

I spent loads of time colouring my hair!!! smiley - silly in varying shades, really smiley - cool and I even had a "shaggy" perm once smiley - wah I remember my best friend Lynn, taking one look at me and smiley - laugh ing her head off, till tears were flowing from her eyes, it was gross!!!! smiley - yikes

Now I stick to a very nice blonde shade, smiley - cool and I always tell the hairdresser, I don,t care what you do, just take 15 years off!! (he usually just tells me he is not a miracle worker)!!! smiley - laughsmiley - steam

smiley - hug
Jane,

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more