This is the Message Centre for smurfles

Should i celebrate??

Post 1

smurfles

Okay,it's my birthday on monday,but it really only just penetrated my brain that i'm rapidly approaching pension agesmiley - wah
My mind doesn't feel 57,but as for the rest of me(and the days when i'm smiley - sadface)i might look the part.smiley - wah
I still want to get up and dance when i hear music,i still want to play footie with the grandchildren,i still want to do lots of things that i can't do anymoresmiley - wah
I do want to share my day with my friends on h2,though,next to my family they're the most important people i share my good and bad days with.
So,help yourselves to smiley - redwinesmiley - cidersmiley - alesmiley - teasmiley - coffee

smiley - cakesmiley - cheesecakesmiley - crispssmiley - strawberries,

smiley - hugs for all of you!!!!

Should i celebrate??

Post 2

Moving On

Course you should celebrate Sal! (cheers for the smiley - stiffdrink!)

Why?

Not because you're aproaching pension age
Not because you have rat days when the body gangs up on you

but because you've got more life and fun and joy in you than a lot of people and you carry on and share your affection and humanity freely and fearlessly with your familly and friends alike.

Its pretty rare, you know, and pretty special.

So lets not just celebrate a birthday (its only another man made number after all!)

Lets celebrate YOU!

Cheers mate!

Happy Birthday smiley - giftsmiley - cake

smiley - hug

Should i celebrate??

Post 3

Websailor

Hi, Smurfles,

Of course you should celebrate. After recent events we should all celebrate every day and every year, and I agree with EC, we shall celebrate YOU smiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - cheerupsmiley - smiley

Being 60 isn't so bad either. Free bus pass now, the kids are standing on their own two feet, and though very busy I can choose what I do and when - can't be badsmiley - rofl

So have a lovely day, celebrate the "inner you" - the one that still feels 18, not the one on the outside which has suffered a little storm damage (haven't we all!!)

smiley - cuddlesmiley - hugsmiley - cheers

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Should i celebrate??

Post 4

Researcher U1025853

Smurfles, I think you should celebrate smiley - magic

You always sound young at heart and that is something to celebrate, even though your body lets you down, you don't let it get you down. Afterall life has thrown at you you still manage to be a partying, fun person and that shows real strength.

Well done! smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - magic

Congratulations at staying so young!!smiley - hug

Should i celebrate??

Post 5

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

Of course you should celebrbrate Sal...& try not tto worry about the ageing aspect, it happens whether we want it to or not! I'm lookin'@the big Five-0 next May...& it's not that often I actually feel quite that age! A big birthdaysmiley - hug'nsmiley - cake'n'<bubbly'n'all in advance. I'll be off travellin' on Mon. (hopefully I'll get a few photos for azahar's gallery!)

Should i celebrate??

Post 6

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Yes you should celebrate being born!

I hope you have a wonderful Birthday on Mondaysmiley - cake
smiley - discoHappy Birthday Salsmiley - disco

Should i celebrate??

Post 7

azahar

smiley - bubblysmiley - cakesmiley - giftsmiley - magic

Happy birthday, sal! (a day early)

I love birthdays - being a year older certainly beats the alternative smiley - winkeye

So yes, celebrate and rejoice in your life, your friends and all that you love.

smiley - love

az

Should i celebrate??

Post 8

helena9

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAL may you have a wonderfull day xxd

Should i celebrate??

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Hello Sal, I wish you a very happy birthday smiley - giftsmiley - cakesmiley - rosesmiley - bubblysmiley - love
Go and celebrate, enjoy the day, make the most of it smiley - magic

smiley - love 'n smiley - hugs

Claudiaxxx

Should i celebrate??

Post 10

serenity

congratulations sal smiley - smiley

why shouldnt you celebrate?.
make the most of the fuss and attention and enjoy your day.

forget the age, they are just numbers smiley - laugh

smiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - giftsmiley - rosesmiley - chocsmiley - disco

h smiley - rose

Should i celebrate??

Post 11

Woodpigeon

Hi Sal,

Congratulations and happy birthday! Of course you should celebrate! I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

smiley - cheersWoodpigeon

Should i celebrate??

Post 12

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Yaay!!! smiley - wow

Happy Birthday Sal!! smiley - giftsmiley - bubblysmiley - cracker

We could always have a Hootoo Parrrrtttaay!! smiley - divasmiley - disco

smiley - magic

Should i celebrate??

Post 13

smurfles

Thanks to everyone,i came straight into h2,and went through all the messages....and it's very true,none of us should worry about how old we are,when they're are such awful things hapenng in the world.smiley - sadface
It IS nice to know that i have friends out there though,that are so wonderful.
Thanks againsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddlesmiley - bubbly
smiley - cheers

Should i celebrate??

Post 14

Smudger879n

Ah! smiley - sorry I missed your birthday Smurflessmiley - wah
We were up north helping out our friends we left up there when we moved. They were in need of help to get their house ready for some family visitors. You see, they never got out, and are basically recluse, the lady is terminally ill, and is now nearly blindsmiley - erm
So we went up to help, or do what we couldsmiley - ok
Anyway! I hope you had plenty smiley - bubbly and smiley - cake on your birthdaysmiley - cool
I knoiw how you feel, Im 54, but some days I feel 74smiley - laugh
yet on a good day, I feel 34smiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger,

Should i celebrate??

Post 15

smurfles

You didn't miss it smudger....it's the 1st,so you were bang on the day!!!smiley - hug
Websailor,i tried to e-mail you,bit it came back....do you have another addy???
smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post