This is the Message Centre for smurfles

Interested!!

Post 1

smurfles

Just out of curiosity,i am really interested in phobias!!Now i know this might sound odd,but i'd love to know if other people would go to extraordinary lengthsto avoid what ever it is they're scared of!!!Opinions pleasesmiley - smiley

Interested!!

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Hi Sal, for a starter, you could have a look here:

F19585?thread=5019017

Interested!!

Post 3

smurfles

Thanks Bel.i took a look!!
I am terrified of smiley - mouse,and we had one came in (out of the cold i think)smiley - yikes
You would not believe how badly i behavedsmiley - laugh!!

Interested!!

Post 4

aka Bel - A87832164

I think only people who have similar problems can imagine that. smiley - hug

Interested!!

Post 5

Smudger879n

I seem to have developed one about being in crowded place?
Which is weird for a bloke who used to be in the Navy, crammed into a small space with around 40 other blokes?smiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Interested!!

Post 6

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi sal
-
as you know, ive had a fear of hypo needles since i was about 4
-
even small spiders, if the move, make me jump.
-
certain bugs, like earwigs, make me cringe smiley - dragon jim xx

Interested!!

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I too, was given the fear of hypo needles, by a nurse when I was 10 yrs, she was trying to take a blood sample and my arm was like a pin cushionsmiley - wahplus went black and blue aftersmiley - waheven now, any injection, I cringe and sweat, even though I know it's nothing

Interested!!

Post 8

I'm not really here

I was made scared of needles by having asthma - it's really difficult to take blood in the middle of an asthma attack, and they don't tell you what's going on at the time.

Also they put one of those needles in my hands while I was panicking and trying to fight them off, and now I won't let them put them in me at all. If I have to have an op they have to use the gas mask thing which they always complain about doing, and although I always wake up with a needle in, it's not so bad. It's the actual going in of needles that I don't like.

Interested!!

Post 9

hi
-
i was about 4 or so living in lancashire,in a small village, the nearest hospital was in warrington about an hour away
-
one day i was at the doctors for a jab, so my mother said, and the needle broken in my arm, so an amblance had to come for me and take me back, that was over two hours plus the wait, with a peice of neddle in my arm, and the doctor couldnt remove it.
-
now the sight of one gives me the jitters lol smiley - dragon jim

Interested!!

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - winkeyeon a lighter sidesmiley - whistle
I also have a fear of soap!

my granddad always used to say, where's there's muck there's money!
I'm still skint, but why change habit of a lifetimesmiley - smiley

Interested!!

Post 11

frenchbean

Soap??? smiley - laugh Not heard that one before smiley - winkeye

I agree about spiders... spent half an hour capturing a Huntsman in my bedroom smiley - wah at midnight earlier this week. I had to have a smiley - stiffdrink to calm down afterwards.

Anything piercing skin gets me, so giving blood is a nightmare. I look the other way and Think Stoical Thoughts smiley - angel

Heights too. Mind you, is that really a phobia? I have vertigo and have been known to throw myself off tall things (a harbour wall being the most spectacular... happily the tide was in).

I'm not sure I actively avoid things though (other than ladders).

Fb

Interested!!

Post 12

hi all
-
smiley - star frenchbean your hheights is batophobia.
-
A457364
-
for more info on phobias, put phobias in the h2g2 search box fo r the guides
-
smiley - dragon jim

Interested!!

Post 13

get your free phobia - special offer onsmiley - biggrinb.o.g.o.f.f.(buy one get one for free)

http://www.phobialist.com/

Interested!!

Post 14

smurfles

I suffer from vertigo,but it's a medical condition,and also agrophobia.That actually
afects my day to day life,i can't walk outside,i have very little balance,and open spaces scare me.
But,the smiley - mouse had me staying in one room with a tray ,and everything on it that i needed to sustain me for the day!!!smiley - doh
Needles don't bother me too much,but the tiniest creature has me hiding !!!

Interested!!

Post 15

I don't likesmiley - spiders and I've no knowledge where the fear came from of them, but I think I could hold a big tarantula type one, it's just the house type ones I'm not keen on

I love mice and ratssmiley - smiley

Interested!!

Post 16

smurfles

smiley - yikes Even their names make me shudder!!!Everyone tells me they're more scared of me.....i assure them they're not!!!smiley - smiley

Interested!!

Post 17

all us animal's are cuddly smiley - smileysmiley - winkeye

Interested!!

Post 18

smurfles

smiley - laugh
My grandaaughter has a hamster,and i can hold him,and stroke him,with no problems,he's lovely!!!
If a mouse ran across the floor i'd be in hysterics !!!smiley - wah

Interested!!

Post 19

Shhhhh

smiley - hug

Interested!!

Post 20

smiley - winkeyean hamster is only a mouse with a better fur coat on

Key: Complain about this post

Interested!!

More Conversations for smurfles

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more