This is the Message Centre for smurfles

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 1

smurfles

I would ike tke to wish al the "second mums" out there a very happy mothers day.All the ladies who have done so much for sisters and brothers,nieces and nephews,and have been mums to lots of children that aren't their own.There must be so many that don't get the recognition they deserve.smiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 2

jaz'd(ace & yada yada *sigh* chocolate yada)

Yes, I'll second that motion Sal! smiley - rose bouquets to each & every one of you...& smiley - bubbly or bevvies of your choice. smiley - winkeye

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 3

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

In that case I'll third the motion smiley - laugh.

That and say that all the first mums who cope with so much deserve a bouquet as well. Or a smiley - stiffdrink, as will the dads after doing all the work today!

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 4

Paganmoon - Crazy as Ever

smiley - rose
smiley - peacedove

well said all....... smiley - hugsmiley - love

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 5

Smudger879n

Yea! Lets hear it for Mums all over the worldsmiley - oksmiley - ok
and for those of you who still have your Mums, take the time out to smiley - love themsmiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 6

smiley - love
i still have my mam, 73yrs young, and still very much able bodied, she put's me to shame....
and yes, of course i smiley - love her..... smiley - hug

took her cards, flowers and chocs yesterday and spoke to her on the phone today........ smiley - kiss xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 7

serenity

its nice to see that some mothers had a good time and were thought of today.

i wasntsmiley - wah

i have a son who hasnt spoken to me properly in 6 years and that last time was by email where every word was nasty and vindictive and thats putting it mildly.

i have a daughter who would rather spend her time with her new boyfriend. she was told that it was mothers day by someone and she just shrugged it off, put her order in for sunday dinner and has just texted me(5 hours later) to say that she isnt coming home tonightsmiley - blue

not that getting a present is the main aim, but it would have been nice to have some comment or small deed done for me.

hsmiley - rose

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 8

Red Kite

Today is the first Mothers Day that I have had without my mum. The funny thing is that although she passed away in October she has never really left me. She was so funny and made me laugh so much during her life that I still smile and remember her in everything I do. What a legacy to leave me! Today I was fortunate to be taken out to lunch by my two daughters, there were five of us with my husband but the table we were given had six chairs - was that just coincidence or was it meant to be the same as other years when there would have been six at the table?? The thing was we had the best time ever! We waited 30 minutes for the table, no side plates, bread no butter,the table nearly collapsed and I caught my wine as it was about to descend to the floor, my ice cream was just that - ice and cream and we laughed from beginning to end! I am now bloated from the meal and exhuasted from laughing, but what a day! Thanks mum, you made me able to see the funny side of laugh and still do!smiley - cheerssmiley - winkeye

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - hug
It's not yet mother's day here, it's in May, but my boys aren't aware of the date and I honestly don't think that it matters, they're good boys, that's what's important.
Don't bother too much about this one day in the year, it's not worth it smiley - smiley

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 10

Smudger879n

Hi Serenity, Yea! Ive got two kids just like that!smiley - erm Both daughters who havent got in touch, even after all my letters over the years.

Dont put yourself throught it for them, believe me its not worth it!

Ah! well, its their loss, as Ive got a whole new family here with Mk2 and we have four Grandchildren now!smiley - oksmiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 11

helen.... sod 'em luv..... wait till they want summat, then give them the same treatment....
good manners cost nowt.... well, not supposed to, but with some kids you'd think it was a fortune....

i got cards off my youngest and hubby..... youngest also made me a card at school, which was lovely....

red kite.... sounds wonderful luv.... i have the same memories from my dad who passed 2 yrs next month.... he was always cheerful dispite being chairbound for many years......
like you say, a wonderful legacy......

xxxxxx

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 12

Mistygirl

My moms been gone three years last month,i still miss her,and today she was more in my thoughts than any other day,although it was 3 years,it seems i lost her twice over, because she had Altziemers,and did not know me for 2.1/2 years before she died,i stopped at the hospital for 4 nights before she died,i realy expected her to know me befor she passed which of course she did'nt,xxxxx

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 13

mistygirl........

smiley - lovesmiley - hug

she knows now luv....... xxxxxx

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 14

Red Kite

Misty Girl, I'm sorry you're sad today and although your mum didn't seem to know you perhaps deep inside she knew you were there. Keep the good times in your mind and the things that she did that made you the special, unique person that you are.smiley - star

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 15

smurfles

hi everyone.Red kite.you.your mum sounds as though she was a wonderful lady.
San,i'm sorry you're sad love.I went to see my mother today,she has dementia,soi know what you're saying.Today i took her a card,and some flowers,tights and a new top to wear.She thought they were lovely,then told me not to forget them when i went!!smiley - biggrinShe has decided to give me a new name...i've no idea where she got it from.
She is quite happy in her own little world,and as long as she is smiling i have accepted that this is how thngs are.Some may think i'm callous.but i decided a long time ago that this must be better than been physically ill for a long time.She is 89 in september,and has been in residential care since she was 82.Her home that she loved had to be sold,and i am glad that she wasn't aware of that,or many other things since then.smiley - lovesalx

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 16

Mistygirl

Thanx Pagan and Red Kite,I do try and think she new i was there,it was hard having to let her go into a nursing home,but inthe end i knew it was for the best,and do remember the good time and the laughs we had,she was very funny,even when her memory started to go sh made fun of herself,Im luck too,my kids are great,xxxxx

MOTHERS DAY!!

Post 17

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - smiley
Sal that is so sweet of you to be sure to include step moms.
Good step Moms need some positive smiley - love attention for their efforts.

Misty I keep missing you because of the computer.
I say I am back then gone for days because I cannot get it going again. I feel like I am playing beek-a-boo with h2!smiley - boing

I know a bit how you feel Misty, my Mom passed two years ago at this time. She was let go 3 weeks latersmiley - cry than she wished. Thankfully I remember her smiles, giggles and hugs the most.smiley - hugThey may have been infrequent but they did happen. Sal sure knows the heartache of *losing parts* of her Mom to alzheimers. I am glad my Mom did not have to deal with A for long before her death. It is very hard to watch smiley - blue

I am now on but only with tiny print.smiley - weird
My computer is possessed and it is begining to posssess mesmiley - ghost
Maybe that's what the Ghost program ( restores computer)really is! smiley - yikes
I will be amazed if it starts tomorrow. It chooses to be on a once every three days (for 24 hrs max) and only at midnightsmiley - cross

Key: Complain about this post