This is the Message Centre for smurfles

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 21

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
there is one thing thats for sure, till sky and virgin sort their ruddy problems one way or the other, we are having the short end of the stick.
-
as tw they gave us the free ld, and when it eventually got going and it didnt take ages to acsess, they changed to the yoome2, where is that now.in the bin.
-
so all we can do is wait and hope that we arnt about to be shafted in some way again.smiley - peacedove jim

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 22

smurfles

Hello all.smiley - biggrin
Kow,i'm not good at anything that involves technology,as you know,I don't understand what all the things are that you posted,but it seems to be telling me that we're going to lose our old type set top boxes???Am i right???
smiley - cryi'm quite happy with mine!!

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 23

smurfles

JIm..... when i rung them last week tey told me that the prices were due to go up,so the fact that we lost the two channels has just cancelled out the price rise!!!Therefore...no sky channels back,but no price inrease ...as yet!!

I'll wait and see if i get a letter Muv,and if i don't in the next couple of weeks i'll give them another ring!!!smiley - ta for the infosmiley - hug

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 24

hi sal
-
no, hopefully the box will be the same, just the look wont be the 9 boxes, it will be like the diagram in the booklet info.
-
the emails will be the same, might have a reddish background instaed of the tw blue.
-
if i have it right, we in yorkshire should have the new look sometime after the 12th of april smiley - peacedove jimx

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 25

kow

Hi Smurfles, as Jim says your box will stay the same, unless you want a PVR (V+). Just the software is been upgraded to the same colours and style you see on Channel 0.smiley - smiley

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 26

smurfles

My hubby got a call this afternoon....virgin wanted to have a word about our complaint two weeks agosmiley - applause
I'll post when they ring back!!smiley - whistle

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 27

hi sal
-
there will be thosands that have rang virgin in the last month, that why with luck we are to get the pricedrop, and in the first month, new custermers can cancel without the 1 year agreament.
-
as k as confirmed, one day it will no longer blue but the virgin reddish brown, with the logo evrywhere lol smiley - peacedove jimxx

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 28

kow

Black and yellow seem to be the dominant colours.

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 29

CARINO

OH,so we don't get a say on colour either? smiley - winkeye

smiley - peacedove
Carino

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 30

Smudger879n

"My hubby got a call this afternoon....virgin wanted to have a word about our complaint two weeks agoapplause
I'll post when they ring back!!whistle"

Yea! I got a call from them on my mobile (which hardly ever ringssmiley - laugh)responding to an Email I sent them on 9.03.07 about my Self Help section. They told that they have had a mountain of Emails to go through in the past few weeks!
Any way, while he was there, I asked him about their upcoming upgrades to all their Internet customers. It seems that I am going to be upgraded to 4Meg for the same £18.00 I am presently paying for 2 Megsmiley - applause

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 31

smurfles

Hi all!!Well,they eventually rung back two days ago,and offered us a better deal(i think)!!
They seemed very confident that things were looking up at lastsmiley - rolleyes.At one thirtyish yesterday i lost the tv service,so rung them,and they booked an engineer to come out today,after lunch!!!Then the internet went off,so i rung them back!!My call wa returned later ,and they said that they were wprking on the faults,and that my service should be back ,but i assured them it wasn'tsmiley - steam
The young lady seemed a little stunned,but said she would have to ring me back in a while.We went out,but when we got back the television was on,and the broadband was back,but we couldnt get on to any sites,it was so slow they were timing out!!!And..no interactive on the television..it was terrible.I rung..again..and they'd cancelled the engineer because the fault was fixedsmiley - steam.What good is a reduction in your bills if you cant use the servicessmiley - grr

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 32

I'm not really here

I feel for you. I hate losing my internet connection - feels like I'm without a leg usually.

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 33

smurfles

I'm on the digi ..i daren't even try the computer today.....I'm trying to keep my blood pressure down!!smiley - steamI will have to try it soon though,i have e-mails which i ssaw last night,but it wouldn't let me open them...bet you can't guess what it saidsmiley - wahtimed out!!!!

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 34

I'm not really here

smiley - hug

Grr!!!Am i stupid?

Post 35

Kaz

So Virgin couldn't hold onto Sky. Then we got a letter saying that our phone calls would now be costed up to the nearest pound, rather second.

Then their new dialogue box which appears when you change channel, is dreadful. If its a channel where the screen goes big then the box goes big as well so you can't actually read it, you have to keep changing up or down a channel and getting a quick read before it goes oversized again. With telewest the box sometimes appeared big but then immediately went down to the proper size, so you could see all of it. So Virgin can't replicate something which has worked well for years. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.smiley - erm

So for us thats 3 things wrong.... and counting.

Key: Complain about this post