This is the Message Centre for smurfles

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 21

tonemonkey(Steve Cooper, of BLiM fame (?!) contact me!)

aka smiley - bleep off you smiley - bleeping idiot. How do you actually know that it was unauthorised h2g2 access that caused your broadband outage? Did telewest tell you that? Did it not strike you that, like they always seem to that they were blaming someone else for their own bad service?

And I agree, how dare you come onto sal's thread and post your self serving claptrap. I was just sad, NOW I'M ANGRY!

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 22

Kaz

Hi tonemonkey, I have posed that question quite a few times to aka, as I have telewest broadband and I always had a good service.

Oh I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks it stinks for aka to be bleeping on this page. Compassion costs nothing apart from a little effort, its time some peole had a go.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 23

Well Kaz, has he responded yet? I doubt it! He seems to backed into a corner by all the outraged hooters ganging up on him, a group of which I'm glad to be a part. I have to say you must be the only person who hasn't had problems with telewest broadband, I'm constantly seeing their vans out repairing their connections and boxes.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 24

drac1946

i think it is be cause thet are greedy they want poeple to subscribe to thier own service ume2 i think they call it i hope that nobody does my hart bleeds for them

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 25

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Kaz, I'm with you and others on this - it is highly insensitive to come into a thread like this one and argue ones 'side'.

smurfles, I can only say I hope you are still able to get to your PC often enough to clear emails etc. and so keep in touch with your friends here.

kea.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 26

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Jim Lynn made this statement in ASk.
Since smurfles cannot get around very well I thought I would post it here. I hope that is oK it gives some hope of this not being permanent.

"If it subsequently turns out that Telewest blocked access because they believed the BBC wanted access blocked (which seems unlikely) then it's possible we can do something to get them to reinstate it. If the decision was based on Telewest not wanting this access then there's probably nothing we can do about it, since it's their service."
smiley - peacedove

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 27

Researcher 178815

"aka smiley - bleep off you smiley - bleep ing idiot. How do you actually know that it was unauthorised h2g2 access that caused your broadband outage?"

I don't. I merely put two and two together. Now whether that makes 4, or five, doesn't really matter. I believe that to be a cause. A problem which has now seemed to resolve itself. And besides, let's not stray from the issue. Digibox users were committing theft of service. And when confronted with the facts, many stated they'd continue doing so. That's even worse, knowing and continuing to commit a crime, no matter how 'small scale' it may be.

"And I agree, how dare you come onto sal's thread and post your self serving claptrap. I was just sad, NOW I'M ANGRY!"

I'll post where I choose. Normally I won't invite myself to the somewhat personal thread of a Journal unless I know the person who the Journal belongs to. But on this issue, the venue doesn't matter.

Look past my "bleep" by the way, and read what I said.
It was nobody's right to HAVE the lifeline which they've now lost. And I'm sorry, but it's your own fault.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 28

Researcher 178815

Abbi, see the post I posted after Jim.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 29

serenity

aka.

its really a good job that sal cant see what you have done to her thread.

might i suggest that you either grow up, show some compassion and consideration or just get lost.

you arent exactly helping your cause.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 30

Researcher 178815

Spamming an Italics space doesn't help any cause, either.

But my 'cause', as you call it, is completed.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 31

Researcher 178815

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F83018?thread=376214&post=4846886#p4846848

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 32

Loup Dargent

aka i've just read the postings in the link you've provided...

I can see that what i mentioned in the "i'm new etc.." thread [and another one but i can't remember which one unfortunately] has happened and that some people are seeing you as the victim instead of the bigoted uncaring troll that i think you really are... Fair enough... It's their rights and i won't criticise them for that...

But, carry on posting comments such as:

>It is not my fault that people have 'lost' friends on here. They can still keep in contact by e-mail in most cases. I think some people just want something to moan about.<

and perhaps more and more people will start asking questions about your lack of respect towards other people's feelings... You are very good at telling people to make an effort to understand etc... Well, maybe you should take a leaf off your book and try to understand that:

WE ARE NOT F*****G MOANING!!!! WE HAVE LOST SOME GREAT FRIENDS AND WE ARE VERY SAD ABOUT IT!!!! OK????

I hope that _now_ you understand...smiley - smiley

loup[in mourning]smiley - fullmoon

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 33

Loup Dargent

>But my 'cause', as you call it, is completed.<

Oh no it's not... There are still some issues in this whole affair that need to be tackled...smiley - whistle

loup[in mourning]smiley - fullmoon

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 34

Kaz

Hi everyone, can't believe aka came back and was obnoxious again. I believe he/she said something about posting where they want to post, I don't believe anyone has that right here, why does this person feel they are special.

I hope they leave this thread and in fact leave this community.

This is my view, not smurfles. Its sad today, hope smurfles is doing okay, and can come on soon. smiley - hug

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 35

smurfles

hi everyone,and thank you for the kindness you have al shown.I have no comments on anything that that person has said...my friends opinions matter tome...hers dont.As far as i am concerned she/he is a non entity,unworthy of making any comments about..and not worth wasing the short amount of time i have on here now.her opinion of me,and all the other digibox users is imaterial.i know which people i like,and who my friends are......thank you all.bye for now ,at the moment from a PC USER...xxx

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 36

Kaz

Good attitude, I'll try to do the same smiley - zen

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 37

Glad to see you've been around sal, and I'm sorry that you had to see this, I, personally appologise for smiley - bleeping on your thread, I hope that mine caused no offence, as none was intended to you. In justification I was apopleptic with rage that it (aka, that would be you smiley - evilgrin) decided she should post like that. I do think that some people around here should check out the definition of community.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 38

Smudger879n

I tried to post support for you earlier Sal, but the site was down smiley - erm
Still Im here nowsmiley - ok and I think it would be really sad if we lost you and the others, as we have lost a lot of good people alreadysmiley - ermsmiley - sadface
smiley - cheersSmudger.

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 39

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

I am bothered by the instigator(s) having an Ace welcoming badge.
Doesn't set well with me.
It also matters to the aces that have turned their badges in over such thingssmiley - sadface

Most aces are assets to the community and tend to soothe hurt feelings rather than cause them. They could strive to be nuetral or state their case respectfully on emotional community topics rather than fan the flames. If one has been personaly insulted they should be allowed to state their case one on one like anybody here.
smiley - peacedove

VERY IMPORTANT POST!!

Post 40

Hi abbi, nice to see you have eyes! I have just come back online to find that saturnine has given me at least some way for us all to contact telewest/blueyonder to question their actions on this matter. There are links at their homepage http://www.blueyonder.co.uk
let's hope something positive does come of this opportunity.

I'll thank saturnine here as well, it shows some compassion at least to give us some kind of access to the responsible authority, unlike aka, who shall forever remain in my bad books for her uncaring, uncharitable actions, and seriously bad attitude.

thanks also go to abbi, for I now have dear smurfles e mail address, and can at least keep in some sort of touch.

Now I'm off to bed smiley - yawn

Key: Complain about this post