A Conversation for The Young Researchers' Club

YRC: Everything Else

Post 101

Anole

I still like dark.

Post 102

jjcard

i live in the states and never had imported choc-o-lot so i don't know what i'm missing

Post 103

Anole

Nor I, nor I. I live in the states, in the South Eastern ones to be general, and in Florida to be exact.
And it's now hurricane season once again! Happiness! *much more sarcasm to come later*

Post 104

Wyatt

I live in Boringsville, New Lameington, United States of Awfulness.

Post 105

Anole

smiley - rofl

Post 106

jjcard

today I had a thought: If inter-mingling (if you know what I'm talking about) is supposed to cause birth defects then what about a long time ago. Like in rome or greece (I can't remeber which one)marring inside the family was perfectly normal and often done. so did they have a lot of birth efects or is that a recent thing? or was it less likely back then? or is it just not true that it makes birth defects?

Post 107

echomikeromeo

Incest (no need for euphemism, I won't be shocked) causes a reduction in the gene pool, which I believe has been proven to cause defects.

It all depends *how much* incest there is, though. Brothers and sisters, or parents and children, having sex is likely to result in offspring with birth defects. The offspring of first cousins is less likely to do so.

In today's Jewish communities, where young men and women are strongly encouraged to marry inside the faith, there is a good deal of what many people in countries like the US and the UK might consider incest. My mother's (Jewish) parents were first cousins because they were expected to marry in their small Syrian Jewish community and there weren't a whole lot of options. It doesn't seem to have done my mother any harm, though she can be pretty weird sometimes.

Post 108

jjcard

i love writing and have this great idea for a book in my head but there is one thing i hate about writing and that is starting writing. it just takes for ever and i really really don't want to do it.but the story is such a good idea AHHHHH

Post 109

miraculousrandomness - being elvised is hard but so is changing your title so I wont

what is it about

Post 110

jjcard

is about werewolfs but not in the traditional way

Post 111

miraculousrandomness - being elvised is hard but so is changing your title so I wont

Ok

Post 112

Dark-moon

werewolves... hmmm...

smiley - smiley

Post 113

decides to post something with no relevence*

Post 114

Anole

..... That fits the thought.

Post 115

yes it does

Post 116

Anole

*ahem*

dskfjgsk sdgogho ioashco

Post 117

yesthat and Pnemonultramicroscopicsilavolaconiosis
smiley - erm did i spell it right

Post 118

Anole

Can't say. Never say that word in my life.

Post 119

well its in my guide entry on it but i cant be bothered to check

Post 120

Anole

Oh. I may just go and check it out then.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more