This is the Message Centre for Tomboygirl

The girl with the lovely entry..

Post 1

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

smiley - ok

Nice to see an intro now. If you ever manage to get pictures on your page i will be most jealous. I've tried following instructions in the 'guideML clinic' page, but it's never worked for mesmiley - huhsmiley - wah

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hi there, both of you!smiley - smiley

Oops... how did I end up here? *tries to remember*

Oh yes! I was checking the <./>info</.> page, and this was probably one of the most recently updated conversations, or something like that...

Well, anyway... I hope you don't mind me dropping in like this, but... but... if you've decided to try out GuideML, then might I perhaps suggest this entry: <./>A690518</.>

Post 3

Reallysmiley - huh. wonder how this humble little conversation ended up there...smiley - bigeyesanyway nice of you to stop by!

I don't really mind whether or not i ever manage to get piccys on my page, i just like to have a good moan about my inability to fathom how it's donesmiley - erm Like i say i have followed the instructions, changed the style in 'preferences' cut and pasted the code etc, but all i ever get sre error messages along the lines of 'bad closing element' If it's so darn bad, fix it godddamnsmiley - grrsmiley - winkeye

Anyway gonna have another look at your page- i couldn't really take it all in the first timesmiley - headhurts

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

A bad closing element usually means you've forgotten to close a tag somewhere

Example, using the tag for paragraphs:

text

Now, if you forget then you will get an error message like the one you mentioned. All tags must have a closing tag too, except for the few ones that are 'self-closed' (don't know the right word for it) like the tag which gives a horizontal line. Notice that the / comes last in the tag

Good luck!smiley - ok

Post 5

Well thanks for the tips- shall give it a trysmiley - ok

Post 6

Tomboygirl

Hello. Sorry took so long to reply but I was in sunny Portugal, or not so sunny as the case was Friday and Saturday!

Thought it was about time I posted an intro. Don't worry, I've not got a clue either how to post pictures so let me know if you manage it smiley - biggrin

Post 7

And you didn't run into every internet cafe you could find to keep up to date with H2? tut tut! smiley - winkeye

Well, welcome back TBGsmiley - hug I must admit to trying to access H2 when i was waiting in an airport. Cost was 10p per minute, but the site was up to its usual trick of not workingsmiley - grr, so after spending £2 i never got anywhere near my personal space smiley - grr

As for the pictures- well i'm really only hear for the conversations, so i dont wanna spend too much time tarting my space up- mindyou i'm off work soon- could give it a go...

Post 8

Tomboygirl

I did access the internet at the airport but by the time I'd checked my e-mails my £2 had ran outsmiley - grr One of the first things I did when I got back was check H2G2, you've got me hookedsmiley - smiley

Post 9

Tomboygirl

p.s. Aren't we a pair of well travelled monkeys these days!?! smiley - biggrinsmiley - cool

Post 10

Indeed we are- though you know me- if i only ever travelled north to the Scottish highlands and islands, that would keep me happysmiley - zensmiley - peacesign

Post 11

Tomboygirl

Me too actually, going abroad is too much hassle and me no likey turbulence on plane smiley - ill

Post 12

There's always been some turbulance on any flight i've been on- even very short ones.

One landing last week was particularly rough. I'm sure it was the pilot's first time.. up a bit, down, left, right, up a bit again- where's that runway again? Oh yes down, fast.. smiley - ill

Post 13

Tomboygirl

I've experienced turbulence only once before, I've been quite lucky that way, but this particular flight was horrible smiley - ill and I was so glad when the plane landed!

Post 14

So, any more travels planned?
I've just got Edinburgh and Aberdeen to go to, to do telescope training (sit! here boy, goood telescope).

By the way, i got bored with the Alabaster skin a while back- i view H2G2 in classic goo these days. I find the white text on the blue background very relaxingsmiley - weird What about you?

Post 15

Tomboygirl

White text on blue background would be nice, how do you get it?

No more travel plans at the moment which, to be honest, I'm glad about at the moment! Don't want to see another airport for a while!

You going away on buisness again then?

Post 16

Tomboygirl

It's okay, figured it out myself. That's a lovely shade of blue, like deep sea blue don't you think? Makes a change, I'll keep it like this for a while. smiley - smiley

By the way, don't think I've said before but congrats on getting the job smiley - ok. How are you enjoying it?

Post 17

Titania (gone for lunch)

If you like white text on a deep blue background, then might I suggest that you change your skin to Classic GOO in your preferences: <./>UserDetails</.>

Post 18

Tomboygirl

Thanks for that guys smiley - smiley

Post 19

Oh that was a nice surprise to see 4 new posts on this threadsmiley - smiley

Just back from visiting folk in Edinburgh. There were 7 of us eating out in Frankensteins-a really good theme bar. But unfortunately, unlike our last visit the music was on a bit on the loud sidesmiley - grr
Stayed overnight and went for a walk along a beach near Mussleburgh today. Just got back the noo.

Job is ok, thanks for askingsmiley - ok Though i've been away from the place so much since i started it, that it's taking me a while to settle in. New girl that started last week only stayed two days before getting offered another job and leavingsmiley - wah, so i'm desparately seeking someone else before the xmas rush beginssmiley - yikes.

Now, guiltily taking more holidays- 8 days- so not back to work till the 13th. How's your job going? Titania, can you believe this girl has the luxury of living a 2 minute walk from her work? How jammy is that?smiley - winkeye

Post 20

Tomboygirl

I wouldn't put you down as the type of person who would like a theme bar!smiley - biggrin Nothing worse than music being too loud and you can't hear people speak.

Glad you're enjoying the job, sounds like it's keeping you busy anyway.

My work might be 2 minutes walk away, part-time and well paid smiley - biggrin but I still have to put up with a few a*******s (didn't know if I could say that word on H2G2!) although the biggest one of all, the big boss, retired last Friday so all I need now is for the Office Manager and 1 other person to leave and the place would be heaven! There's always a downside to everything isn't there?

Key: Complain about this post