This is the Message Centre for Bluebottle

27.11.2014 - Change It Had To Come

Post 121

Icy North

{But I never knew buildings could 'come on stream'}

It's a good job you already work in a dinghy (post 117)

27.11.2014 - Change It Had To Come

Post 122

Bluebottle

Ah yes, with the uni's recent record of sewage leaks and closed toilets, I dread to think what the stream the new building is built on is going to smell like...

<BB<

28.11.2014 - I've Been Swimming In Raw Sewage, I Love It

Post 123

Bluebottle

The state of the building I work in today. The toilets are still out of action, the office opposite (JM105) is still closed due to the sewage spillage with the staff still temporarily on the 5th floor, the lift still isn't working and now they've decided to store the sewage-contaminated furniture in our office while they clean JM105's carpet, and our floor is being propped up by a number of poles.

We still have students using the building, as we have all the television, photography and music studios.

<BB<

Post 124

Icy North

I'm glad they've found a use for all those Polish migrants.

Post 125

Herenna - southpaw for now

"I'm glad they've found a use for all those Polish migrants."
He more or less handed you that pun on a plate, didn't he?

Post 126

minorvogonpoet

Perhaps someone should contact the Environmental Health department of the local council.

Students don't seem to be as bolshie as they were either. You'd think they might stage a sit in of some cleaner accommodation.

Post 127

Bluebottle

Our University tends not to attract the politically active sort of student. Or, indeed, the active sort. Plenty of inactive ones, though.

As far as I know the accommodation's fine - it's just the staff offices and corridors. And the toilets. Our building has the studios on floors G, 0, two teaching rooms on my floor (1), teaching rooms on floor 3 and 5, but most of 1, 2, 3 and 4 are offices.

<BB<

Post 128

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

29.11.2014 - A Toy in the Hand is worth Two in the Bush

Post 129

Bluebottle

Didn't really do a lot on Saturday. 9am - ParkRun time, although the course is getting increasingly muddy. It wasn't that long ago I was getting times just over 23 minutes, now I'm doing 25 and a half, so much, much slower. The only consolation is that no-one is able to run very fast, but it's hard to keep up the pace when I have no confidence in the ground I'm running on, and don't want to fall over.

The early afternoon I spent in the garden, trying to cut next door's ivy from growing into our shed. (Despite having a flat, we have our own small garden at the end of a path) I then spent some time in the thorny pyracantha bush at the front of the maisonette beneath the kids' window - one night the children, instead of going to sleep, decided to throw some of their toys out the window and some have been lost in the bush. Despite wearing thick gloves, I ended up with scratches all up my arms, but managed to rescue one duplo brick and a plastic 'Skully' character from 'Jake & the Neverland Pirates'. But there's probably still more toys in the bush I can't see...

<BB<

29.11.2014 - A Toy in the Hand is worth Two in the Bush

Post 130

Icy North

Was Skully mouldering?

Sounds like an episode of The X-Files smiley - run

30.11.2014 - A Cross Word at Christmas

Post 131

Bluebottle

How did I spend the last day of November?

We put the Christmas decorations up and I finished writing this year's Christmas crossword (traditionally found in smiley - thepost in the Post before Christmas)

<BB<

Post 132

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Great! smiley - biggrin Much appreciated.

Post 133

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Post 134

Deb

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 135

SashaQ - happysad

Christmas decorations up already, and it wasn't even December?! smiley - yikessmiley - laughsmiley - xmastree

Post 136

minorvogonpoet

In the thorny pyracantha bush? Sounds painful. smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post