This is the Message Centre for If the universe is infinite, then im "a" center, 21+4^1+8+9=42

Hey there!

Post 1

Kirpster

Hi'ya!
Just thought I'd say hi, cos I am happy to have found someone with similar thoughts! Thank God - I was beginning to lose hope. I love the idea of parallel universes, life beyond earth (there has to be) and anything like that! Anything spacey!
What about the theory that all time is simultaneous, that we travel through universes just to live in a linear time sequence? That took some thinking about!
Anyway, hope you reply!
Kirp

Hey there!

Post 2

If the universe is infinite, then im "a" center, 21+4^1+8+9=42

hey

im also glad to finaly have met someone, if u have msn messanger please add me my address is [email protected]

did u see my thoery of parallel universes? what do u think? how do u think they are made? hope u know the answer to the last its been killing me trying to think about it

Hey there!

Post 3

bix

you are partly correct...there are an infinate number of parallel universes and "we" exist in all of them. as a matter of fact, with every action any of us takes in any p.u., another infinate number of p.u.'s are created. they all exist right here and right now...in other words there is no spatial separation. that would be confining our idea of the many-worlds theory to a mere 4 dimensions. do you ever wonder why we only use an estimated 4-6% of our brain? the other 95% is used as a buffer to screen our awareness of the endless chain of possibilties. otherwise, we would never be able to function on a physical plain. i have more thoughts on this subject, plus a myriad of others...what do you make of spooky action at a distance?

Hey there!

Post 4

Kirpster

Heres another one for you. All ghostly activity is caused by either a spiritual plane on the same level as this one, or by p.u's existing on this. I love your theory bix - but haven't had time to read 'centre's yet! Us buffering out the other universes would account for the 95% we're not using, and they do say that people who use more than that can display signs of psychic ability, maybe thats connected in with the universes? Maybe they're seeing different times, happening on the same level as us. It makes time travel seem ever more plausable, all you would have to do is transcend this plane or dimension. Ok, so its not all that more plausable, but its a start!
Kirp

Hey there!

Post 5

TeaKay

Hey, just found ya'll- you seem to have some interesting ideas, and I might join in the discussion when I've finished my current batch of exams- I'm studying Maths with Astronomy at uni, so I have an interest in the kind of things you're talking about.

So yeah, this is just me saying hi, and I'll joinin when I've got a bit more time!

Hey there!

Post 6

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

You mentioned 'spooky action at a distance'. I presume you're referring to quantum entanglement, when two particles share a common property, and when one of them is observed the other one automatically assumes the opposite property.

It's very interesting isn't it? Einstein said that information travelling faster than light was impossible, but quantum entanglement suggests that information travels instantly! Quantum entanglement would even work when the particles are at opposite ends of the galaxy!

My theory is that the information 'tunnels' through into a higher dimension. This way it takes a short-cut through hyperspace (a bit like cosmic wormholes). Although here's another thought:

Einstein's postulate was that 'Nothing can accelerate beyond the speed of light'. Therefore particles might exist that already travel faster than light and don't need to 'accelerate' past it. These particles are called tachyons. Nobody knows if they exist, but if they did, would they be travelling backwards in time?

I mention quantum entanglement in my entry about quantum computers: A1115146.

Hey there!

Post 7

weberquetzal

The whole idea of quantum physics is really new to me so hopefully this isn't completely wrong! smiley - winkeye

Does the entanglement idea mean that if you make a mistake that somewhere the opposite is taking place? So that the answers really are out there?!

Just wondering!

Hey there!

Post 8

Well, you've raised an interesting point that I haven't considered before. In the theory of parallel universes, there is an infinite number of 'yous'. Therefore, if you share any common property, by the quantum entanglement theory it would suggest that if you visited your parallel universe self, he/she would automatically obtain the opposite of your otherwise-common property.

The answers are out there anyway, if the parallel universe theory is right. This is because every possibility would be played out. If we could visit parallel universes (and physicists have worked out some possible methods for doing this) then we could find the universe where we've already worked out the Theory of Everything and steal it! This sounds like an interesting 'cheat' method of doing things.

In fact, I could go to a parallel universe right now where sliced bread did not exist, and then invent it so that I became renowned for making life better. However, they could equally come to this universe to steal our sliced bread idea (or they could just steal our sliced bread).

So, you're new to the whole idea of quantum physics? In that case, I advise you to brace yourself, because the quantum world is one of the strangest and most common-sense shattering theories that we have ever discovered.

Sitting down where you are (I'll assume you're sitting down), there is a very tiny probability that you will abruptly vanish, and reappear at a Hong Kong shoe market.

If you want to find out more fascinating facts about quantum physics, then just ask, because they are ever so interesting to discuss.

Hey there!

Post 9

weberquetzal

Thanks! Yup there obviously are infinite possibilities for everything that happens. If I suddenly end up in Hong Kong it'll hopefully be a Hong Kong where there's an Internet connection so I can log onto hootoo! smiley - biggrin

I'm sure there're questions...I just haven't thought of them yet! smiley - smiley
(feeble excuse! but then somewhere another me probably has lots of questions that someone knows the answers too!)

Can see how this could get confusing! All will be well if I'm left with my sliced bread! and a couple of bars of smiley - choc too!

Hey there!

Post 10

Actually, there's a far better chance that sliced bread and bars of chocolate will suddenly quantum tunnel into a higher dimension and re-emerge in a Hong Kong shoe market.

(The smaller something is, the more chance there is of quantum tunneling).

Beijing has a very tiny probability of vanishing, and the Earth itself has an even smaller proabiltiy. I suppose there's even a chance that the entire universe would vanish. Although this probability is still greater than that of Microsoft releasing a reliable Operating System.

Hey there!

Post 11

weberquetzal

Very true! Windows is the bane of my life!

Hey there!

Post 12

i have only been doing stuff on quantum physics for about 6 months, and i was only 14 when i started, i found it understandable and didnt freak me out, it was really interesting for me, i had never really heard any "facts" about parallel universes before and only heard of them from sci fi movies, and from that i was able to build a lot of facts that actually where what other people thought and accepted, so it made me feel good that i had thought all that by myself.

I remember trying to explain it to my friends, they just couldnt get it. einstein was so very correct when he said "imagination is more important that knowledge" im sure they just could not imagine a thing like parallel universes, it just seemed to weird to be true

Hey there!

Post 13

Have you ever considered the concept of higher dimensions? Parallel universes must reside in higher dimensions anyway (I think I've said this before in another thread). I highly, strongly and wholesomely recommend Clifford Pickover's book called 'Surfing Through Hyperspace'. It is the most fascinating and mind-stretching book you will ever read. His fiction books are also quite good. Go to www.pickover.com for more.

There's a book called 'The Universe Next Door' by Marcus Chown too; it contains 12 of the most incredible scientific ideas, including parallel universes.

If you think it's difficult to imagine parallel universes, try imagining higher dimensions. Also, please read the conversation I started on your personal space entitled "the most incredible proof for parallel universes."

Hey there!

Post 14

yeah i did read it. my actuall point was that parallel universes are easy and they still couldnt get it.

Hey there!

Post 15

What do you think of the most incredible proof for parallel universes then? It's on the front page of your personal space. The idea is Max Tegmark's (a physicist) I think.

Hey there!

Post 16

I see what you mean about people not understanding these concepts of parallel universes. I think the reason is that they actually don't want to understand them. They seem to think it's 'beyond them' and that they should 'get on with life' without ever stopping to consider what infinite possibilities lie around them. I think it's quite disheartening.

Did you hear about the superconducting supercollider invention? This was a particle accelerator that would be built in Texas and could reveal the existence of super particles, hyperspace and/or the Higgs boson - three things that may prove or disprove String Theory, which is a theory of everything. It was an $11 billion project, and the US Congress cancelled it. To me, this just shows how utterly ignorant people are. The US government cared more about their money than they did about the theory of everything. So now we may never know.

I really think you'd be interested in Cliff Pickover's work. You'll find information at www.pickover.com. So, what do you think of the most incredible proof for parallel universes then? It's on the front page of your personal space. The idea is Max Tegmark's (a physicist) I think.

Key: Complain about this post