"Never write what you can say,
never say on the phone what you can say in person,
never say what you can nod,
never nod what you can wink and
never wink what you can smile."

Huey Long, American Politician

INITIATEES POST YOUR QUOTE HERE!

Post 322

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

Ahhh... Huey Long. The epitomy of the dapper Southern politician. As smooth as a car salesman (he had been a salesman) and as trustworthy as a viper.

His last words, according to his sister, were: "Don't let me die, I have got so much to do."

Post 323

Beatles

A) "Never drink yellow snow".
B) "He who laughs last is just doing it out of politeness and doesn't get the joke".
C) "If at first you don't succeed, give up and try something easier"
D) "Three rules for a healthy life: 1. Don't mess with another mans beer. 2. Underpants are compulsory. 3. Never -ever- stand on Supermans cape".
E) "Before investigating a spooky noise in the cellar, make sure the batteries in your torch are okay".
F) "Never play Let's-See-What-This-Button-Does in the cockpit of a flying aircraft - even if you ARE the pilot".
G) "When putting on a jumper, remove the lit cigerette from your mouth first".
H) "He who attempts to teach the Kangaroo to do the Tango needs the shade of the Coolibah tree quickly".
I) "He who succeeds in teaching the Kangaroo to do the tango needs an agent quickly".
J) "He who merely watches a man trying to teach the Kangaroo to do the Tango, needs a girlfriend".
K) "The Kangaroo needs to be left alone as it prefers breakdancing".

I can't be bothered writing any more for now so, to quote Stephen Hawking when his batteries run out... BEEEEEEEPPPPPP.

Post 324

Researcher 234820

Hello there!
My randon quote is...
YOU CAN'T HOLD A TEACUP AND A GUN IN YOUR HAND.
(Neil Manson)
So tea is the answer..?

Post 325

Catwoman

Personally I prefer single quotes, not lists that appear to have been taken from chain emails (look at the blog for how much we hate those...).

The kangaroo thing was interesting though.

Anyway, I guess it falls to me to say that I'm sure Darth (or someone) will be along soon to add you to our lists.

Tip: have a name before you get added, please don't make us remember your U-number.

Post 326

tanzen

"Men seldom make passes
At girls who wear glasses"

- Dorothy Parker

(Tanzen, occasionally bespectacled and almost always single...and thus looking for a reasonable excuse... smiley - geeksmiley - devil)

Post 327

Tu Gifalis ‡ Sooo...µ think µ'r so tough Mr. Gummie Bear?...

|
|
dude, I think chicks w/glasses R hot!!

ahem...

"µ ate Å lot of paint chips when µ were a kid, huh."

-the late 90's

--smiley - zen-- Gifalis

Post 328

Rhubarb

Hurrah!

'The money's not important? You keep on saying that! What sort of musician are you?'

- Terry Pratchett

Post 329

Chauncey

Well I see that since I have been gone Catwoman has taken over the job of welcoming the new ones. Well to all of you I welcome you, and if you have not been added yet Darth will be back on Tuesday!
Chaunceysmiley - angel

Post 330

Mystic Martin

Be grateful for all the terrible things you have never experienced, then realise you have been blessed, after all.

Post 331

Catwoman

"may you live in interesting times"

ITV news said it was an ancient Chinese proverb. Terry Pratchett had it down as a curse. Where do you think they do their research?

Post 332

I had heard it variously as a Hopi or an African curse....

Post 333

Here are a couple of links on the subject....

http://www.noblenet.org/reference/inter.htm
http://hawk.fab2.albany.edu/sidebar/sidebar.htm

Post 334

PoppieVK

I posted this in another thread last night because I didn't know about this one. D'OH!

"Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious." - Brendan Gill

And there it is...RQG would be the first official "group" that I have joined since I have been at HooToo. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee smiley - run

Post 335

CelloCelloCello

I'd like to join the Guild. My random quote is: "You mean you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try to kill each other like civilized people, is that it?" The Princess Bride, William Goldman.

Post 336

|
|
An excellent quote if i may sa.
have µ ever read the book? far better than the movie
(as soooooo many things R. *sigh*)

-smiley - dragon- Gifalis

Post 337

CelloCelloCello

I first saw the movie (actually I got to watch it 2.5 times in 9th grade at my school in different classes). Then the year after I realized it was a book! I love both the book and the movie, probably because I saw the movie before reading the book.

Post 338

|
|
2 tell the truth, i have never actually read the book...(can't find the bugger!!) my friends tell me its excelent, they have told soooooo much concerning differences and such that there is little in the book that i do not know, save only the majisty of the written prose.

i like the movie thoughsmiley - biggrin

-smiley - dragon- Gifalis

Post 339

Chauncey

Welcome PoppieVK and CelloCelloCello to this wonderful guild. Darth will be along momentarily to add you to the ever-growing list of members!
Chaunceysmiley - angel

Post 340

Darth Zaphod

WOW! I have a lot of people to add! Unfortunately I have to go to work, but I'll add you all tonite! THANKS!

DZsmiley - planet

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more