A Conversation for Thirsty?

Did someone mention drinks?

Post 1

Jonny

In the absence of free opening night champagne, I'll be starting off with a large tequila please TWF.

It seems unnaturally quiet in here, given the occaision. Oh well, at least there's no crush at the bar.

Did someone mention drinks?

Post 2

The Wisest Fool

Hi Jonny, sorry I'm a bit slow serving you but I only just found my way to the bar. You can easily get lost in a place this big.

Tequila is it?
Well, I know how one leads to another so I'll just leave this 2 litre bottle of Mezcal Gold in front of you with some salt and some lemons and limes and you can help yourself.
Enjoy!

Czechs cashed at the bar

Post 3

The Wisest Fool

BTW if I'm not around so much this week it's because I picked up a book of Vaclev Havel essays and it is pretty interesting stuff.

(For those who don't know) Havel was a Czech dissident playwright who was persecuted by the communists and had to hide his manuscripts in a tree and was bugged, censored, banned and imprisoned for years for his beliefs. He later led a 'peaceful revolution' in Czechoslovakia, overturned communism and became the new elected President.
He's a bit of a hoopy frood all told. I must attempt to write an entry on him smiley - smiley

Don't worry, once I've read this I'll be back to reading the comics with the big pictures.

Czechs cashed at the bar

Post 4

MadMunk?¿

Can you leave the bar open while your away?
We can't last forever you know.... smiley - winkeye

Czechs cashed at the bar

Post 5

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Well, if we are going to have an open bar when twf isn't around, we'll have to set some ground rules, otherwise we'll run out of liquor very quickly

1) limit 50 drinks per person per day
2) close the cash register after paying

Czechs cashed at the bar

Post 6

The Wisest Fool

I am still here to serve, just a bit slllooooowwww that's all smiley - smiley

Rule 3 - There is no rule 3.

Czechs cashed at the bar

Post 7

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

A magnum of 1981 Krug for me and an enormous saucer of Baileys Irish Cream for Pink please

Czechs cashed at the bar

Post 8

The Wisest Fool

No worries, there you go.

Barkeep! A drink!

Post 9

GNP Aaron

Lessee.... Gimme.... A bottle of cinzano bianco, three of your best Dutch Lager, a cask of Cask White and.... A bottle of metholated spirits. I hear the call of the gutter...

Your drinks - all mixed up in a big bucket

Post 10

The Wisest Fool

Some of us are looking at the stars

Post 11

MadMunk?¿

Yes, but why are they spinning like that?!?!?!? tell them to stop!! smiley - winkeye

Post 12

Jonny

Well, MadMunk, you could try not lying on that turntable. smiley - smiley Just a thought.

Post 13

MadMunk?¿

But the turntable is the only thing here that stays still... the rest of the world is whirling around........................... smiley - winkeye

Post 14

The Wisest Fool

Just stay clear of the stylus MM or you'll find out what scratching's all about...4 Real smiley - smiley

Post 15

MadMunk?¿

Oh dear.... sounds painfull..... smiley - sadface

Post 16

The Wisest Fool

Don't worry, in case of accidents I was always keep a St.Bernard behind the bar loaded up with the finest Brandy. He'll come to the aid of any 'Misfit in trouble. I have to hide him away though lest he forsake his lifesaving job for the allure of TV Frink's dog. Down boy.

Post 17

MadMunk?¿

Yeah you keep him under control there... and don't let him slurp all the drinks up, you hear!
Heel boy! AARRGghhhhhh.....

Post 18

The Ghost Of TV's Frink

Don't worry, TV's dog is fixed and off the market......

Post 19

The Wisest Fool

OK Bernie, walkies!

(BTW 'Walkies' was the catchphrase of a British TV personality Barbara Woodhouse who was supposedly able to train even the most badly-behaved dog.
It was what you call to your dog who is then supposed to be ecstatic at the thought of 'walking' outside when it's probably more interested in leg-cocking activities smiley - smiley
- TWF, doing my bit for transatlantic cultural exchange)

Post 20

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Please keep away from the Pacific smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post