A Conversation for The Mother of All Gooses

Stage Manager's Office

Post 21

Seven Dwarves

We're sorry. We were just preparing them as they seem to take a while to decide where to go. By Sunday they'll of probably forgotten again anyway. Short attention sapn these audience types you know.

Stage Manager's Office

Post 22

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

I'm a bit confused, could we have an official ruling from the management as to where the egg is, please?

Stage Manager's Office

Post 23

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

We also have egg damage, which is against the rules.

Stage Manager's Office

Post 24

Wee Awl

It is? smiley - blushsmiley - sorry Just trying to create some action. Glad to see Eddy finally got the idea smiley - biggrin Also, didn't do anything that would seriously breach continuity - I didn't take the whole egg, I didn't melt it or destroy it in any other way, I didn't move it (other than a little lower in the water) and I didn't sink it. And I left plenty of opportunity for others to counter what I was doing (what took you so long, Eddy?). Besides, the egg could always have a self-regeneration ability. smiley - winkeye

In Lil's drawing of the egg, it is floating in the water.
http://asterlil.com/h2g2/mothergoose/lake_egg.htm

Stage Manager's Office

Post 25

The egg is actually hovering above the water.

Stage Manager's Office

Post 26

Wee Awl

Ooooo, I can see that now. I thought the bottom half was reflection. Okay, let's see - how can we retrieve the continuity that I broke. Uh, how about we say the sub's arm pulled the egg partially in the water...where it remains, awaiting self-regeneration and self-re-levitation.

Stage Manager's Office

Post 27

Sounds good to me. smiley - biggrin

Stage Manager's Office

Post 28

The Stage Manager

*stomps back into the office in his wetsuit, leaving a trail of water puddles*

*gruffly* Get back to work you lot. *Begins struggling to remove wetsuit top, forgetting that he still wearing the airtanks, not to mention the flippers*

Stage Manager's Office

Post 29

Eddy the Lake Monster

*flops into office like a (very) (really large) seal and drops Wee Awl on the floor, along with a lot more water*

Hey boss, it wasn't in the contract that I had to deal with somebody's Navy! You said go in there and create a cosy kind of jeopardy, and then THIS nut shows up and starts eating the props.

What do I do with it?

Stage Manager's Office

Post 30

Eddy the Lake Monster

I heard my cue. Got to get back.
*flops out the door leaving a faint smell of freshwater fish*

Stage Manager's Office

Post 31

Wee Awl

*A loudspeaker, located on one of the masts sprouting from the top of the sub, switches on.*

Wait! Wait for me, Eddy! I was sent to give you something to do! How could you protect the egg if there was no threat to it? Wait!!!!!

*The sub suddenly sprouts wheels and drives off towards the stage.*

Stage Manager's Office

Post 32

The Stage Manager

*signs for delivery of a set of crates labelled FRAGILE*

*opens one of the crates and examines the contents*

Beautiful. The winners will love these trophies. *turns to one of the ushers* Has the Famous Personality shown up yet? Is the lobby ready for the party? Move the food concession to just inside the theatre -- the audience are all on VR and won't hear you, and I don't want any of them spoiling the surprise by wandering out here.

Where are the soundtrack CD's?

*paces back and forth*

Key: Complain about this post