A Conversation for Eddie Izzard - Actor and Stand-up Comedian

great!

Post 1

Robyn

I think this article is really great. In my opinion, anyone reading this entry who'd never heard of eddie before would want to know more about him. It seemed to cover all the points and I enjoyed reading it.

My only comment is that I don't think anyone reading this article would be able to make head or tale of the quotes. As was mentioned in the text, the quotes don't make much sense if taken out of context. On the other hand, I think it does improve reading enjoyment for those who are familiar with his material.

Thanks!
smiley - winkeye
Caio,
Robyn

great!

Post 2

Orcus

Eddie Izzard's brain works in such a tangential manner that I doubt you'd understand them if they were put *in* context. smiley - winkeye

great!

Post 3

Leopardskinfynn... sexy mama

I'm covered in bees....

smiley - laugh

hmmm...

Post 4

Robyn

I like my women like I like my coffee... In a plastic cup!

hmmm...

Post 5

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Oooooh.......it's a Mazda!

hmmm...

Post 6

Bill, Supreme Overlord of small pieces of fluff, Volkswagen Beetles (old shape) and small dogs called Wayne

'Allo, we're the Romans. Yes, you must be Chief Vitalstatistix. No, I recognise you from the Asterix books....

hmmm...

Post 7

Yanichka

Some friends and I were attempting to reproduce the Last Supper for a photograph and were quoting Eddie the whole time: "Why are you doing big arms? Look, if we all do big arms we'll look like a squadron of spitfires, for f***'s sake!"

It turned out very badly, but we had fun.
smiley - ok

hmmm...

Post 8

felinedrillingbehindsofa

jam

hmmm...

Post 9

Alian_Nurai

I am a gran i live forever i live till a million i never die!

hmmm...

Post 10

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Saw his latest tour on Saturday - he still rocks smiley - smiley

hmmm...

Post 11

Baconlefeets

I saw him in sheffield in december, he was good, but wasn't as good as the older tours. Glorious and Definite Article are still my favourites

hmmm...

Post 12

Frito_McGee

"Luke, the Force is really rather strong with you."
"Is it?"
"Yeah."
"Well who told you that?"
"Some bloke. Yeah, he said the Force was really rather strong with you."
"Oh yeah. Well how strong?"
"Strong as a small pony."
"Oh, that's quite strong, that is."

hmmm...

Post 13

Frito_McGee

"You piss me off, you salmon. You're too expensive in restaurants."

hmmm...

Post 14

Baconlefeets

"Allo, we're the romans"

hmmm...

Post 15

Frito_McGee

"That's right, bread! For my Bread Gun!"

"Brown bread. No, brown. First word. Sounds like 'brown'".

"Hello, we're murderers. Twix, please."

hmmm...

Post 16

_pokerboi_

Sorry guys 'n' gals: Izzard is the unfunniest "comedian" ever to walk the earth (ok,ok, apart from Lenny Henry). the ridiculous affectations, the gimmicky tranvestisism. All style over substance. please explain the attraction to me, am i missing something???

hmmm...

Post 17

RobottePaws

A sense of humour? smiley - winkeye

No, no, sorry smiley - tongueoutsmiley - hug

I don't know what it is, he seems to repel certain people, much of my family can't stand him, and they all have similar personalities.

It's probably just his style, I don't know what kind of comedy you like, but Surrealism isn't really many people's kinda thing.

And I just worded that whole thing wrong.
Paws

hmmm...

Post 18

pacmarac

If youve never been through a phase with your mates where "randomness" is the height of funny then eddy izzard will not be as funny,
like with anything tho if u dont like immidiatly, you can learn to like it if u watch it enough.

smiley - cakesmiley - cool

hmmm...

Post 19

felinedrillingbehindsofa

Looking forward to the next tour...hoping it's going to head back over the pond when it's finished being polished in the USA....

We went on tour with him last time (that's what we call it when we got to >3 gigs of one tour!) Worth doing, as each night's different.

Key: Complain about this post