A Conversation for American Football Forum

Startlingly pointless observation

Post 101

Bright Blue Shorts

A young child circa age 11 wandering the aisles of my local Safeways wearing an *orange* Dolphins shirt emblazoned "R Williams". It was #24 if memory serves me, but I'm not entirely sure.

BBS smiley - smiley

Post 102

FiedlersFizzle

A young blonde haired boy (about 8) in the Mall at Cribbs Causeway (Bristol) wearing a #54 Chicago Bears Urlacher shirt.

A real rarity. A young lad locking his bike up outside my local Tesco wearing a #7 Virginia Tech shirt with Vick on the back...

Both on Saturday....

Post 103

Bright Blue Shorts

On my way to work this morning at 7:30am, I drove passed Tom Brady walking the suburban streets. Seems to have put on a little weight in the offseason.

BBS smiley - smiley

Post 104

Thunderbear...and don't you forget it

Just last week in Tescos Brian Urlacher met Steve McNair and Ricky Williams in the cold meat section!
I thought we might get into it over the last packet of haslet,
but the issue was settled amicably smiley - smiley

Post 105

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

I expect Urlacher won that, then..
I mean, throw a bag of oregano down an aisle and Ricky will dive for it and be all over it, and McNair will go down like a sack of potatos if you just look at him the wrong way... :D

Post 106

Yup Urlacher won that one.
The other two were hindered by their girlys.
I was on my own & hungry. smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Post 107

I saw a guy wearing a Dolphins jersey of undisclosed number when arriving at the fifth anniversary SRG (Scottish Researchers Group) meet this past Saturday.

Also, even though it wasn't a jersey, last weekend I spotted a guy wearing a Dallas Cowboys T-shirt in Oban while I was on a sightseeing trip with my mom.

Post 108

Bright Blue Shorts

Ah yes ... a couple of sightings at the beach yesterday ...

Firstly a dark-shirted #84, I think it was Galloway. Could that be Joey Galloway - Dallas?

Secondly - I saw a rather enormous Joey Harrington (#3). I think he's had a rather bad offseason, perhaps a lot of comfort eating to deal with all the media criticism. He's beginning to look more like an offensive lineman, AND surprisingly rather old and feminine ...

BBS smiley - smiley

Post 109

What a terrible thought.
Sounds like you need to clean your eyes out with bleach!

Went on NFLUK.com (shamless plug) for the first time since Superbash II.
Yes I know serious lapse on my part.Promise it won't happen again.
But my god its like the land that time forgot.
Same old names, same old threads, same old juvenile deliquents flaming each other smiley - smiley Ah its like a favourite pair of comfy slippers.

Post 110

Just saw a guy in a Raiders jacket at work. Looked as if he was here for an interview or something. smiley - erm

Maybe it's time for a general plug to see if anyone new at work feels like playing Am Football around here. After all, there are now two teams in the vicinity which would suit anyone living in Greenock (West Coast Trojans) or Glasgow (Tigers).

Post 111

Bright Blue Shorts

I was down the beach on Sunday for a walk and there a was a large bouncy castle. The man running it was wearing a Raiders "#24 Woodson" shirt. I guess the Postons weren't able to get a better offer for the summer out of Disneyland ...

BBS smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post