A Conversation for Talking Point: Your Internal Jukebox

Internal jukebox, no taste filter.

Post 1

Tigger, Bouncy and stupid

Hi folks
An interesting fact for you all: There is actually a word in German for the phenomena under discussion, unfortunately I do not know what it is and will have to get back to you tomorrow. BUT the literal English translation to this unknown word is EARWORM. It seems beautifully appropriate.

Does anybody else suffer from shared earworms, I reasonably regularly burst into song to be told that my partner has not only had exactly that song going through her head but also was exactly at the bit that I had just burst into. It does seem kinda spooky but I am quite used to this sort of thing as I have something that I cannot quite fit between empathy and telepathy.

Internal jukebox, no taste filter.

Post 2

blindjohnlemon

I've never heard of earworms before (which remind me of that old Startrek thing that crawled out of thingy's ear - you know what I'm on about) but I've just been introduced to eyeworms, which are those dancing star-like....worms which appear before your eyes when you stand up too quick, or have your first ever ciggie.

On the subject of which we weren't, I like playing this game where I start to whistle a tune (the Monty Python theme tune is a great one to start with) and then wait to see whether other people start whistling as well. This is usually played in that hour after lunch (ie now) and shows what a dullard I really am.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more