A Conversation for The Even Deeper Meaning Of Liff - The Saga Continues...

I have some liffs

Post 1

Cyrano

In fact I have three...

1. Barton Turns; Queasiness experienced when told that those weren't onion rings, they were fried squid.

2. Miami; Obscenity unleashed by mistake upon realising exactly who you've been talking to for the last half an hour. For example insulting an ex-friend of yours in front of his sister, in a rather foolish attempt to endear yourself to her.

3. Barrow-in-Furnace(archaic); The art of dropping oneself subtly and irretrevably into the shit.

I have some liffs

Post 2

Mu Beta

Jolly good! I shall add them momentarily.

B

I have some liffs

Post 3

Dave Rogers

Only momentarily? For how long will they be added? 10 minutes? half an hour?

(Use of the word "momentarily" to mean "in a moment" is classed as a
"Usage Problem" at dictionary.com)

Hell. How pedantic can I get?

Actually, I just felt like posting something to let you know that I'm still here, and pedantry seemed the only opening.

Liff long and prospect.

JDR

I have some liffs

Post 4

Mu Beta

smiley - biggrin

Always nice to see you about, Dave. I can stand a bit of pedantry for the return of the man who wrote most of these pages. smiley - winkeye

B

I have some liffs

Post 5

Leo

THis is such a touching thread... smiley - hug
WHo'd have guessed I'd bumble into a happy reunion when I wnt to read a few liffs? smiley - winkeye

I have some liffs

Post 6

Mu Beta

Sarcasm always helps. smiley - tongueout

B

I have some liffs

Post 7

Fox_In_The_Walls

Wynyard (n):
The droplet of saliva you project onto your computer screen when you only meant to blow the dust off it.

Thorpe Thewles (n):
The bubbles found in a Wynyard(q.v).

Thorpe Leazes (n):
The streaks left on your screen from hurredly wiping off a Wynyard.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more