This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Vicki Virago names her baby

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

After much deliberation and changing of minds myself and Neal have named the new addition to the hootoo family.

Her name is Summer Jade. She will be given Neal's surname as an acknowledgment that he is her dad but for obvious reasons won't be posting her surname on here.

At the moment she seems to want to feed constantly so tonight I am on the night shift as I was last night. Mumsie was most kind in coming round to look after Summer today so I could get my head down as Neal had a few errands to run. Thank you mumsie!!!

So there you have it, Summer is here! smiley - tongueincheek

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

We now have Summer all year 'round! smiley - magic

Nana xx

Post 3

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

What a loverly name smiley - biggrin

Post 4

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Welcome to the world smiley - earth, Summer Jade. smiley - cakesmiley - bubblysmiley - choc

Sidenote: must be something English to name your offspring after seasons or months. In the Far North Maj (May) was once quite common as a girl's name, but nowadays it's almost unheard of.

smiley - dragon

Post 5

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

My friends have a daughter named Maj. Other friends have a daughter named June. Julius and August are becoming normal names for boys once more. smiley - geek

And I remember a singer named April smiley - biggrin

Summer is a nice name! smiley - magicsmiley - bubbly

smiley - pirate

Post 6

Geggs

Does this mean the time is now right for dancing in the streets?

Geggs

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

whatever the weather outside, it'll always be summer insidesmiley - magic

Post 8

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

So... 'nighthoover' didn't make it through onto the shortlist of names? smiley - biggrin Summer Tis a loverly name.... smiley - magic

Post 9

Probably a good thing 2legs isn't the smiley - fairy godmother with the ability of naming kids against their parents will smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 10

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

Beautiful name, VV.

Proud Nana's been posting pics and little Summer is gorgeous smiley - biggrin

Post 11

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Yes, beautiful name and adorable baby. Well done and congrats to the happy family. smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Post 12

Icy North

Thank you for naming your child after an arithmetical function. We need more mathematically-inspired names smiley - smiley

Post 13

scorp

Exactly where has Nana been posting these pics of the wonderful Summer?

Post 14

Geggs

There's a photo on FB.

Geggs

Post 15

Websailor

Hi VV, what a lovely name. Now you can enjoy Summer and your baby all year round. Hope all is going well.

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 16

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - whistlesmiley - winkeye

contestant 1- smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote
contestant 2- I'll name that baby on 2

smiley - biggrin

Post 17

bobstafford

smiley - biggrin

Post 18

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

I am so glad people like her name. I wasn't sure what reactions I would get given the fact that her grandmother (not her nana) ruined the original name I chose for her.

Her initial name should have been Amber but unfortunately Neal's mum ripped it to shreds.

Post 19

When we told my in-laws that we had named our firstborn Simon my mum-in-law's prompt reaction was: "But that's a Jewish name!"

I couldn't help but smiley - laugh - and my m-i-l could have bitten her own smiley - tongueout off. You see, she is German - so a comment like that was a bit out of place smiley - rofl

Of course she didn't really mean anything by it - and certainly nothing bad. But the situation was just so absurd. I'm sure we were all glad that nobody heard us. This was in a Danish hospital after all smiley - laugh

Amber would have been a nice name also smiley - ok Tell granny to shut up smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 20

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

That's what I said, Pierce smiley - ok

Though I must admit that Bump certainly suits the name of Summer Jade beautifully smiley - magic

Nana lil xx

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more