This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

So we gets this phone call...

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

I answer the phone at w*rk.

"hiya" said the man on the other end. "I'd like to know if you can get me a job".

"hello" I said. "May I ask what kind of job?"

"What do you mean?" says the man

I reply "accountancy or office"

"manual" said the man on the other end of the phone.

"Oh" I said. "You do know we're a firm of chartered accountants don't you?"

"No idea" said the man "I just want a job"

"where did you get this number from?" I asked the man

"off the internet" he replied

"Which internet site?" I asked

"L'Pool job agencies" he replied.

"aaah...there must be some mistake then" I said

"oh, no mistake" he said

"There must be a mistake sir, because we're not an employment agency" I said

The man snorted down the other end of the phone "According to the internet, you are".

"We're a firm of chartered accountants, sir. I will look into this and see what has happened" I said

"So you'll get back to me about a job then?" he asked.

"No" I replied.

"Some bluddy useful agency you are" he said before putting the phone down.

After a little bit of investigating work, I find that a business directory based in Liverpool has OUR telephone number down to a firm of employment agencies. Needless to say, I've kicked up a bit of a stink smiley - winkeye

Post 2

Odo

smiley - laugh As long as they make the changes on the web site for you. smiley - winkeye

I've had people ringing me up at w*rk asking if we stock compost! smiley - weird

Post 3

"I've had people ringing me up at w*rk asking if we stock compost!"

In which you replied...well once these books in this library are ready for throwing out, I'm sure they will become compost one day smiley - rofl

Post 4

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

smiley - laugh

good to take it with a smiley - smiley

Post 5

No other way to take it! smiley - laugh

Post 6

IctoanAWEWawi

Once had someone phone up saying that was not going to be in today as was off sick (sounded like an excuse by the GF to get him a day off). anyway, being new I didn;t know this chap didn;t work at our office.

I wonder what happened when he did go back to work? She didn;t give me time to say who we were or anything, just rushed the excuse out and put the phone down.

Post 7

Odo

smiley - yikes You can't throw books away. Even if the worms do want to read them. smiley - winkeye

"'ere missus, can I have a job then? I can't do mafs, like, but I ca' do over stuff."

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Phones!!

The bane of our lives!! smiley - rofl

Post 9

No mum...the bane of your life...especially when I wake you up in the morning with my usual phone call smiley - laugh

Post 10

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

Vicki, do you get paid to be alarm clock by phone?

Post 11

No...I just end up waking mum up when I phone her smiley - rofl

Post 12

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

just phone him up and send him on a few "nice" job's................ like.... "we have this one in South Africa...... Ellis Island...... Picking up litter......"

that sort of thing smiley - smiley

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

The man snorted down the other end of the phone smiley - weird, s'not to be laughed at though, he could have had a coldsmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadface

Post 14

Wrinkled Rocker

TRJR, it's more than a bit of a swim from Ellis Island to South Africa smiley - huh

Robben Island, yes! Plenty of work there picking up seagull guano...

WRsmiley - biker

Post 15

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Welll i was never a postman, but it was a thought smiley - blushsmiley - tongueout

smiley - rofl

Key: Complain about this post