This is the Message Centre for Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 1

Vicki Virago - Proud Mother

Well...we've finally got moving on the wedding preparations now. It's moved from 29 April, to 27 August next year. It's the August Bank Holiday Sunday.

We decided to move it because I'd actually wanted a summer wedding, but because we'd left it so late, we didn't think we could get one, but we did! YAY!!!

G has just telephoned. The Registrar has been booked for 12.30pm on that Sunday *shudders with excitement*

The dress has already been chosen so it's just a case of going down to put the deposit on it. There's no rush for that now due to the date being put back by 4 months. (it's a beautiful dress too - all corsety and everything!!!).

He's highering his suite because he wants to. I'm buying my dress because I want to smiley - winkeye

The cake will be made by a friend of the family. She's semi-professional so it should be good.

The wedding is a civil cerimony at a Country Club in a place called Thornton Hough on the Wirral. Everything will be held there *quivers even more with excitement*

We've got the DJ booked...a friend of G's. The room for the evening do has a bar in it too, so you lot will have no excuses for not buying me a drink smiley - winkeye (even those of you who won't be able to attend the evening do best buy me a drink!!!)

So what have we got left to do. Sort out who's doing my hair and makeup. Figure out where we're staying. Sort out the honeymoon, although his parents have a timeshare in the Canaries which they have offered us. We can change it to another place too if we want to. All 5 star and everything!!!

Got to sort out the flowers, but that can be done nearer the time. Need to sort out what shoes, tiara etc I'm going to wear, but again, no rush.

Need to sort out the bridesmaid dress. She's growing a lot, so I think it will be something chosen about 1 day before the wedding just in case!!!

The rings!!! We haven't chosen the rings yet!!!

God...I'm soooo excited!!! smiley - somersault

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I'm exhausted already smiley - zzz

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 3

smiley - tongueout

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 4

Odo

smiley - wowsmiley - bubbly What colour is your dress going to be? Are you sticking to the traditional white/ivory/cream or being more adventurous?

No bells!!!! I will have to send you up a special CD. smiley - winkeye

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 5

oooh...the dress.

It's white, strappless dress. Has a corset in it so I get an hour glass figure in it.

It's has chiffon over it (although subtly done) and it sort of gathers to one side to it hides my pot belly.

It's not a "big" dress either...It's a smaller dress with about a 1/2 meter train on the back.

It has sequins over the bust too.

It's just gorgeous!!!!!!

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 6

smurfles

I smiley - loveweddings !!!!Don't let the dress go,just because you feel as though you've got ages....make sure it'll still be there for yousmiley - winkeye
Now would be a good time to start a diary of everything that's happening,then you can look back on it in years to come,or maybe even a "wedding journal" on your space!!

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 7

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I wanted the big meringue style.. but she said as mother of the bride I am not allowed to wear it!! smiley - wah

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 8

Odo

smiley - bigeyes Sequins - you'll look stunning.

smiley - hug lil, as mother of the bride I reccomend that you go for a meringue style hat.smiley - winkeye

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 9

What a good idea Smurffles!!!!!

oooh! I just shed a tear for nanna....and you know what she said to me when I did? Silly cow, she said. What you crying for now!

*looks up to the heavens* sowwy nanna. Me pwomises to be a good girl

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 10

smurfles

you really must remember how much pleasure she got from you been happy.smiley - cuddleNow dry your eyes,and remember you'll need invitations...you never mentioned those.We just had mums first anniversary,so i know now is a bad time for you,but enjoy your preparations vicki,she'll know you're thinking of her.

My youngest daughter got married last february,and had a picture of her nan,and her partners\mum,on a little side table,it was beautiful...but made me smiley - cry.

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 11

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on a high hat
"smiley - cheers Just do not get too stressed up by the preparations, you have got a few days spare. smiley - ok"

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 12

IctoanAWEWawi

"He's highering his suite because he wants to"

Well, you wouldn't want one on the ground floor now would you? smiley - winkeye (hiring is the correct spelling).

"What colour is your dress going to be?"

Heavens Odo, what are you suggesting about our VV? As if she wouldn't be eligibly for proper virginial white! Dunno how you dare suggest such a thing!

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 13

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

awwww...it so adorable to see you so excited smiley - winkeye

starts thinking wrapping paper to send me as a smiley - gift

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 14

Odo

"Heavens Odo, what are you suggesting about our VV? As if she wouldn't be eligibly for proper virginial white! Dunno how you dare suggest such a thing!"

smiley - tongueout I was just thinking that as our VV is a bit of a smiley - bikersmiley - chick that she might go for a black leather number.

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 15

McKay The Disorganised

As nobody else has commented I guess its just me with the wrong sort of mind -

"The dress has already been chosen so it's just a case of going down to put the deposit on it."

smiley - cider

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 16

Ivan the Terribly Average

smiley - laugh You beat me to it. smiley - biggrin

*imagines Lil wearing a Truly Enormous Hat, with feathers and things*

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 17

IctoanAWEWawi

Trust you McKay! Dunno how I missed that one, my double detector must be faulty!

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 18

Ivan the Terribly Average

There's also the mention that 'Everything will be held there'. *snigger*

Where's Master B when he's needed?

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 19

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

smiley - magic How exciting for you VV!smiley - biggrin

Oh, the preparations!!!

Post 20

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

But how am I supposed to talk you out of it and convince you to run off and elope with me if I have less than a year

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post