A Conversation for h2g2 New Users

Assumed Personalities

Post 1

aaron a aardvark

Ever wondered why you never see Jo Whiley and Anne Nightingale in the same room? Paul Weller has never done the same Gigs as Eric Clapton. No one had heard of Sophie Rhys Jones until Diana was dead. What is going on here? If anyone has any other assumed personalities (or can remember the music to Mary Mungo & Midge) please get in touch

Assumed Personalities

Post 2

Jamse

odd you should mention it
but Col Gaddaffi was not seen much till post leslie Crowther days
live long and prosper as they say in Grease or is it Greece

Assumed Personalities

Post 3

Ford Cortina

How about Tim Curry and Jeremy Beadle? Barbara Cartland and Queen Mum? Phil Collins and Bob Hoskins? I think the Inland Revenue should be informed.
As for Mary Mungo & Midge - I knew it until you asked! Funny how that happens isnt it.

Assumed Personalities

Post 4

Dave Tylcoat

Music / Blues / Eric Clapton / Muddy Waters

Has anyone else noticed this similarity? Can anyone tell me why?

Can you tell the difference between the intros on:
1. Muddy Waters' 1947 recording of "I feel like going home" on Syndicate Chapter S.C.001 (1971) Back in the Early Days
2. Eric Clapton's "Walkin' Blues" on Unplugged (Reprise, 1992)?

Assumed Personalities

Post 5

The Wisest Fool

Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside (during his heroin-ravaged period) was the dead spit of Clint Eastwood (circa Unforgiven).
Of course, no-one else I know agrees. I feel like the one guy who saw the unicorn.
Oh and Slobadan (Ming The Merciless) Milosevic looks like someone else, but I just can't think who. Any ideas?

Assumed Personalities

Post 6

Researcher 30126

Milosevic, he looks quite like that greasy Gorglehound that chased me all over the campus of the University of Cuad Achslom, on Chronosom Beta, a few weeks back... nasty beast that was.

Assumed Personalities

Post 7

Ford Cortina

Slobodan - could it be Roy from Eastenders?

Assumed Personalities

Post 8

Smaug

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but....Douglas Adams and Rick Stein?

Assumed Personalities

Post 9

Poor Tiny Grab-At-Things Dylute

yeah, but who's ever seen Tim Curry and Tim Rice in the same room?

Assumed Personalities

Post 10

Poor Tiny Grab-At-Things Dylute

if it's called 'Rick Stein's Taste of the Sea', why doesn't he cook stuff like mouldy seaweed, sewage and bits of algae-covered polystyrene?

Assumed Personalities

Post 11

6sheep

tony blair & margaret thatcher...never seen together....scary isn`t it?

Assumed Personalities

Post 12

Researcher 35860

Can't answer your question, but here is one for you. Why do so many blues singers have a broom that they need to dust? As far as I can rember I have never dusted my broom.
Also another one, they always get up in the morning, why not the afternoon? Mr Johnson has a lot to answer for. [email protected]

Assumed Personalities

Post 13

Cactus

Many people, but they were all unable to continue living after such an experience.

Assumed Personalities

Post 14

Cactus

To "dust one's broom" may be a euphemism, along the lines of "yank the plank".

Assumed Personalities

Post 15

Wednesday Addams (sleeping, mostly)

How about DNA and my French teacher (other than the fact my French teacher's a lot thinner, but they've got the same nose, chin and bald patch)?

DA resemblances

Post 16

Angel (no. 32883)

See http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?thread=1920&forum=641#p6040 (this is the conversation 'My uncle' in the forum 'Douglas Adams')
If I was a bit more technically aware, and had a picture, I'd prove it, but I'm not and I don't so you will have to take my word for it... You can care if you like, I'm not bothered either way.

Assumed Personalities

Post 17

CJ

My dad and Liam Neeson. Never seen in the same CGI-laden special effects spectacular.
Makes you wonder...

Assumed Personalities

Post 18

Researcher 44891

The latter (Anne Nightingale) appeared on the former's (Jo Whiley) show a week or so ago. Sadly Ms Nightingale was looking a
shadow of her former self (from the picture she portrayed on the Radio). I think that Jo has got all the life out of this deal.

Assumed Personalities

Post 19

Jim the Wonder Llama (back from yonder)

Okay, hows about Michael and Latoya Jackson? Ever seen them together? Oh, and people say my dad looks like Gene Wilder or Griff Rhys-Jones.
Rod Hull and Camilla Parker-Bowles anybody?

Key: Complain about this post