A Conversation for Rugby League

rugby league

Post 1

vbfg

Rugby League comes from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire and dates to 1895. Huddersfield isn't in Australia and the game didn't reach there until 1908 via a New Zealander. That Australia consistently beat Britain is one of those freakish occurences that upsets the natural order of things. It really ought to be stopped.


rugby league

Post 2

Eddie Hitler

Rugby league is only following one of the lawsof sport in general; The British invent a game, people world over like, and then thrash the living daylights out of us. It's a sad occurence every time, but I think we're just used to it now and it's not going to change. The southern hemisphere guys just play too much sport for us to cope.


rugby league

Post 3

django

...It's just a pity they can't invent a sport of their own that the rest of the world likes! If they did we might be able to turn the tables on them!


rugby league

Post 4

Bill the Wonderllama

Couldn't agree more. But it is the greatest game on the planet Earth.


rugby league

Post 5

django

As seen as I've recently sold my soul to Cable & Wireless purely to avoid Rugby League starvation down here in God forsaken Portsmouth, I couldn't agree with you more.

Of course, if my team doesn't make the grand final, I'll be hammering down the doors of C&W to demand it back.

Uou never know, it MIGHT work!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rugby League

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more