A Conversation for The Nearly but Not Quite 'Official' Peer Review Discussion Forum

Shame on You!!!

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

The following is an extract left by Felonious Monk, after he had been trampling through the PR pages and later in this conversation forum:


'My recent visit to PR showed me what a terrible state it was in. I just think it will be an awful pity when, not if, it goes the same way as collective and 360. I've suggested a possible way that I think this might be avoided. People can either listen to that part of my message or they can anally pull me up on what they perceive to be my self-importance and arrogance. Whether or not they decide to act upon it is up to them. I honestly don't care any more.

Finally, can I suggest that if people don't want to be attacked, they shouldn't pick fights in the first place.

Bye bye.'



After making a very personal attack on a respected researcher, you paraded her around the site to ensure she was demoralised completely!

You, sir, are no gentleman. Nor do you care about this site. If you did, you wouldn't be cribbing about 'The Drawer', you would be writing instead.

Not only were you not satisfied with demeaning her work, you also belittled her so much she has now thrown in her Scout and ACE badges!

Where were you when she was battling the apathy in Peer Reeview, when she put up these Entries?

A33471100 Mehran Karimi Nasseri - In Transit
A34644404 Climbing Greasy Poles
A36227847 The Drawer
A34087980 William Banting - the First Person To Market Dieting
A32016566 Elmer McCurdy - Travels in the Afterlife
A31655757 White Horse Footbridge, Wembley
A31699209 Pinky and Perky
A30652751 School Photo Day
A30924119 Margorie McCall - Deceased
A30466118 Hollywood - The Sign
A29163756 Percy Bysshe Shelley - Earns a Reputation
A29056575 Percy Bysshe Shelley - The Making of the Man

Fizzymouse worked tirelessly for this site, despite having personal health problems, looking after her sister, helping with an elderly cousin and, more recently, having the fright of her life after her daughter fell downstairs breaking both bones above the ankle!

FM had you taken notice, you would have seen that Fizzymouse often lightened the mood of the site with her little quirky Entries. Yet she was capable of much deeper works, such as her Percy Shelley series (two are listed above). It's a shame you have now chased her out of PR.

If you can do that to an established contributor, I would hate you to come across a newbie!

Yes, I am angry and upset!

Everytime you, FM, go on one of these crusades. You always manage to make it a personal issue, attacking one individual. Generally making life in Hootoo a bloody misery for them!

Please continue fight among yourselves:

No knives, knuckle dusters or sharp pointy sticks.

Bare knuckles only - Queensbury Rules don't apply!





lil xx





Shame on You!!!

Post 2

Websailor

Lil,

I was very offended by FM's comments about various entries, and the manner in which individual researchers were lambasted. Surely criticising so personally is not the way to encourage any new researcher to write something. I could certainly do without that sort of comment. I refrained from commenting at the time as I might have said too much.

We should be grateful for all the people who take the time to write, not destroy their confidence and initiative. Obviously if an entry is really nowhere near up to scratch, then the author should surely be told in a kindly way. I can't be doing with sarcasm and personal attacks, life's too short.

Our involvement with h2g2 in any shape or form should give us and others pleasure and satisfaction.

Websailor smiley - dragon


Shame on You!!!

Post 3

Fizzymouse- no place like home



Thank you Lil, but really no need to raise your blood pressure what's done is done and at the end of the day we're only as good as our last entry. I just wish I'd got to the magic number 42.smiley - laugh


My PS is a lot tidier now that I've unsubbed from all those PR and EGWW threads and I've so much more time on my hands - so it's not all lost.smiley - boing



smiley - mouse


Shame on You!!!

Post 4

Malabarista - now with added pony

What a world, in which good authors are chased off while the bullies stay...


Shame on You!!!

Post 5

Fizzymouse- no place like home



smiley - blush

I thought this was Lil's journal last night .... so I'll be unsubbing now.smiley - ok



smiley - mouse


Shame on You!!!

Post 6

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


And with that the likkul smiley - mouse has left this site for good.


Shame on You!!!

Post 7

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

"Good" is not the correct word there...


Shame on You!!!

Post 8

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned


You are probably right.. smiley - cuddle


Shame on You!!!

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

Words fail me, to be honest.


Key: Complain about this post