A Conversation for Office Games

Pitching Pennies

Post 1

C

Forgive if this is too banal:

As many can play as want. Each pitches a penny toward the designated wall. Whoever gets their penny closest to said wall keeps them all. Start again. (Of course, with inflation, pitching a larger coin denomination would be more appropriate).


Pitching Pennies

Post 2

Jonny

A variation of this game is known as "Dog's Bollocks", it is for two players. The derivation of this name is lost in the mists of time.

Each player has two coins (or 'bollocks') and another coin (or 'dog') is used as a target. Player 1 throws the dog to anywhere in the office (a cluttered desk, for example) then each player takes it in turns to launch their bollocks towards the dog. After all four coins have been thrown points are scored depending on who has landed closest to the dog, one point for having a bollock closest to the dog and another point if their other bollock is closer than either of the other player's bollocks. Player 2 now throws the bollock and play continues. The winner is the first to score 5 points.

Obviously there must be some distinguishing feature of the bollocks, we used to play with two shiny 2p pieces and two dull ones. A 10p piece was used as the dog.


Pitching Pennies

Post 3

Jonny

D'oh! Penultimate sentence of 2nd paragraph should have read:

"Player 2 now throws the dog..."


Pitching Pennies

Post 4

SMURF

Although I can't remember the rules I do recall a game which had two players, one at either end of a table, and consisted of scooting coins along the table at each other.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more