A Conversation for Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Peer Review: A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 1

Lifeseeker

Entry: Yes - A Review 1968-2003 - A925797
Author: Lifeseeker - U214411

The aim here was to produce THE definitive Guide Entry on the band Yes and their history. They have been active and prolific over a 35 year period, so it is a comparatively long entry, but it is something that has been called for by other researchers.

The researcher is obviously a fan, but has tried to keep comments as objective as possible! It will hopefully stimulate interest in a great (British) band!


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 2

Dr Hell

Great. I wouldn't blame punk so much. I think that the fading off of 'yes' from the big-scene around 1980 is partly due to the fact that you can't dance too much to the music. You have to listen to it. The same probably happened to Pink Floyd in that time.

You also have some first person bits in there, this is one of the edited guide no-no's. You should neutralize that.

I think 90125 should be marked with an (R) since it's the one that has got probably most mainstream attention.

You could also mention Howe's appearance on many other people's albums, e.g. in Queen's Innuendo. Howe is quite a flamenco fan isn't he? Sort of not the norm for a rock guitarrist. Oh and Alan White being in Jethro Tull for a while (but I'll have to double check this). And the Vangelis-Anderson thing, my mom liked that very much.

There are probably hundreds more of details which I would think are worth mentioning, but maybe it's just because I am a fan too.

Thank you for that Entry.

HELL


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 3

Gnomon - time to move on

The good news is that this is a great entry! Well done. The bad news is that there is already an Edited Entry on Yes. It's a pretty rotten entry, being just a list of the band lineups.

I suggest that you press for this becoming the definitive Yes entry and the other one being renamed to something like 'Yes - The Lineups'. If you talk nicely to Anna, she'll probably be willing to oblige.


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 4

Lifeseeker

Thanks!

Er.. I'm pretty new around here, who is Anna and where can I find her?


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 5

Lifeseeker

Many Thanks, 'Hell' for your comments earlier.

I have largely rewritten the first few paragraphs, putting less emphasis on punk's influence. You'll find I've also put a recommendation next to 90125. I was thinking about doing that anyway, but just wasn't sure how good an entrance point to the Yes cannon that one really is. The fact that you mentioned it swayed me.

Oh yes, thanks too for the advice about 1st person. This was my first guide entry of any significance so that was useful.

You may want to take another look at the article - I've now got bright shiny GuideML in there!!

Thanks again
Lifeseeker


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 6

World Service Memoryshare team

I've just renamed the original, so now we don't have an entry on Yes - the Band smiley - smiley

Anna


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 7

Gnomon - time to move on

Thanks, Anna! smiley - smiley


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 8

Dr Hell

Isn't it wonderful when things run smoothly...


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 9

World Service Memoryshare team

smiley - smiley


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 10

Dr Hell

I think this is good to go...

HELL


A925797 - Yes - A Review 1968-2003

Post 11

Dr Hell

Ummm... I am just refloating this one, to grab Lifeseekers attention, maybe there are some last minute changes...

HELL


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 12

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

Dr Hell

smiley - bubbly Real good stuff, Lifeseeker!

HELL


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 14

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - bubbly


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 15

Lifeseeker


smiley - wow That's good news! Many thanks!


Key: Complain about this post