A Conversation for To Whom It May Concern

"Pure light"

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

"Pure light"?
Is that anything like the light one gets when one places a mirror next to your left ear and directs coherent light into your right ear?

I would like to add two things to your thesis:
1. The canary effect: real plants, when left to their own devices, perform a filtering function. Often, when their is contamination or leaching of the soil, the plants were telling the story years before the EPA got there.
2. The place for everything and everything in it's place factor: One of the first things colonists do is import plants and animals, often to the detriment of the native flora and fauna and ultimately to the colonist's descendant's ability to even begin to imagine what the country might have been like before it was attacked by birds and ornamentals from the old country. Eco-terrorism begins at the home improvement store, were they sell you overvalued weeds that would be beneficial only in their home ecosystem.


"Pure light"

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> "Pure light"?
Is that anything like the light one gets when one places a mirror next to your left ear and directs coherent light into your right ear? <<

Perhaps in your case, yes, but I can't say for sure. I find that under similar clinical conditions the light entering my left earhole is as pure as god can make it but before it can exit my right ear (and obviously this works both ways) it will be contaminanted by unknown and unseen interior mysteries of my own making and comes out a sort of fog grey, much like the ambient weather here-apouts (sic).

You got a laugh-out-loud from me for your comments on the origins of Eco-terrorism. Captain Cook et al have much to answer for south of the Equator. The whole 'plantation' mentality of the last 200 years of colonialism may well have set unstoppable cosmic wheels in motion. And I don't just mean the rubber trees which were once native only to one small place in the world but are now transplantationed everywhere throughout the tropics.

And needless to say I've bought a lot of overvalued weed in my time.

smiley - cheers
~jwf~


"Pure light"

Post 3

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Yep. Needless to say.


"Pure light"

Post 4

Post Team

'Over-valued weed'? smiley - laugh

We have a fair bit of that here! -)

shazz smiley - thepostsmiley - hollysmiley - xmastreesmiley - discosmiley - discosmiley - discosmiley - fairysmiley - xmaspudsmiley - snowmansmiley - santa


"Pure light"

Post 5

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A899904

Hey, Jwf, I just put my first entry into CWW.
Do me a favor and go trash it.
I need some traffic in the conversations.


"Pure light"

Post 6

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Consider it trashed.
smiley - devil
~jwf


"Pure light"

Post 7

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Hismiley - boing wandering through.
I have not lurked around here before.
You're a real treat to read!
Some Adams seems to be lurking in you !
Heart, humor and spunky spirit mixed with science and lots of fun wonderingssmiley - magic

You complimented me a while back and I meant to say thank-you. Unfortunately I do not recall exactly where it was. I do remember they were kind words that made me smile on a difficult day.smiley - smiley Even if you do not remember Thank-you.

It has been a pleasure reading "to whom it may concern" so I will continue!
smiley - peacedove


"Pure light"

Post 8

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> Unfortunately I do not recall exactly where it was. <<

It could have been anywhere I've seen your postings; always a pleasure.

>> I do remember they were kind words that made me smile on a difficult day. <<

And my investment is returned to me two-fold!
I've been smiling for two days now.
smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin
~jwf~


"Pure light"

Post 9

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

How very nice to hear!smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for To Whom It May Concern

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more