A Conversation for The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Peer Review: A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 1

Mu Beta

Entry: The Tweenies - A TV Programme - A889914
Author: Master B - H2G2 Code Version 1.1 (A863516). Bigger, better, bolder (but only if you press Ctrl+B) - U190397

Rescued from the Flea Market. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry.

B


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 2

McKay The Disorganised

And so you should be!

The Tweenies production team revolve around Iain Lauchlan (remember finger-mouse ?) and another guy whose names escapes me right now. (Will Breton ?) They used to write and perform in the pantomime each year at the Belgrade Theatre, Coventry, and many names from those productions appear in the team of The Tweenies, Karl Wooley for example was a cast regular, usually as the second lead, Lauchlan was the Dame and Will Breton would either be another Dame or the comedy role.

The pantos were a big hit in Coventry for years, until the Success of the Tweenies meant they had to end it after Christmas 1999. Christmas 2000 saw an attempt at a 'saucy' pantomime, featuring a DJ from local radio (Malcolm Boyden) However the following year it was back to the family show with Iain Lauchlan's best man, Mr Jolly. thats not his real name of course but its how he appears at The Roundabout Stop on Playdays.

Now isn't that a pile more information than you needed ?? smiley - cheers


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 3

PQ

Bella isn't as bossy as fizz...fizz is a stupid bint who will sulk and shout to get her own (sickeningly pink) way.

*oh dear did I really just write that*


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 4

Mu Beta

You worry me...

Will Brenton is the name you're after. I'll put in him and Lauchlan, but keep the paragraph as saying the actors are deliberately anonymous. That should be a bit more accurate.smiley - ok

B


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 5

superdogmonkey

Didn't they try to bring in a companion for Doodles?
A poodle type effort called something like Biddles?

smiley - monster


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 6

Mu Beta

I confess, it's news to me if they did.

B


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 7

mrs the wife

Doodles companion is Izzles - she is a purple and white dog and much was made of Doodles unhappiness that a new (and extremely bouncy) dog had joined them in the nursery. It took a coupl of episodes for them to settle down together. She is a recent addition and soft toys are available I believe!

I hope that's helpful, go to the Cbeebies website and in the Tweenies section you will find her portrait.

smiley - artist


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 8

Mu Beta

So I see. I'd better add Izzles to the biography then.smiley - ok

B


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 9

Metal Chicken

Looking good Master B.
My 80 year old mum is a big Tweenies fan. Well she doesn't get out much these days... She's currently sulking because their regular spot in the TV schedules has been given over to that new Fimbles thing. The actor's anonymity thing all adds to the mystery for her - she's convinced the costumes are either computer generated or inhabited by small size people and the smiley - magic would probably completely disappear if she believed normal everyday actors were hiding in there.
Not sure there's any useful comments in there for your article but at least it's on topic!


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 10

Trout Montague

I do wonder how the children are short but the adults are so tall.


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 11

egon

surely a more accurate name for a dog would be Piddles?


A889914 - The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Post 12

Mu Beta

That's a very good question, Trout.

I presume the BBC must have a few midgets under contract.

B


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 14

Mu Beta

F106172?thread=228206&post=2717056#p2717056

B


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Tweenies - A TV Programme

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more